Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DetroitDad Guest

Default The TSA Took My Infant Away

I am curious to read what DetroitYES posters think about this one, not really related to the body scanners and pat-downs, but rather a different policy by the United States Transportation Security Administration [[TSA)

http://www.mybottlesup.com/2009/10/t...s-took-my-son/

PS: I am not sure if the DEtroitYES moderators are going to want to keep all issues with airports and the TSA in one thread. I am going to assume they won't, as that would make for a basically useless thread that would be too big to navigate for those just joining the discussion.

"I had an emergency Xanax in my jeans pocket. I always carry an emergency Xanax in my pocket. The result of severe anxiety."

hmmm, where is *my* emergency Xanax?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    "I had an emergency Xanax in my jeans pocket. I always carry an emergency Xanax in my pocket. The result of severe anxiety."
    If it weren't for all those pocket emergency Xanaxs, MikeM, you'd be dealing with planeloads of over-stressed type-As all damn day. You should be happy that moms are taking them, too.

You'd better not see that as the only point to her story. You read that far, you read the whole thing.

What happened to that poor woman is atrocious. It is happening on purpose. The TSA employees are being directed and encouraged to enrage the populace in order to create a situation that can ONLY be cured by another application of a technology which nearly everyone would reject if the current crisis hadn't dawned upon us and been amplified by the press, and now magnified via viral e-mail and internet posts.

[[You're actually doing the WORK of the evil-doers here, DetroitDad. Sorry. They appealed to your most basic instinct as a father. Oddly, they also have appealed to MikeM's basic instinct as pilot, too. Funny how the lines get drawn, people struggle argue and fight...then all of our rights get taken away the next day and nobody yields a notice.)

Watch if Michael Chertoff gets in trouble for using Homeland Security to enrich himself through the sale of these body scanners...but watch CLOSER who provides the solution. Pre-screening access cards with retina confirmation...or will they finally give us implants?!

How many of you have had your retina scanned in the past few years?! Do you know where that data goes?

Cheers from here on the fringe...
    Last edited by Gannon; November-23-10 at 08:30 AM.

The one common trait I've recognized in TSA employees is a distinct lack of empathy.

That must've been the first trait filtered out by their hiring goons. Probably lost 75% of their applicants with that elimination alone, maybe 90%!

Think about it. TSA and other Homeland Security employees are not our peers. Not even close. You would not invite most of them back for a second picnic.

Gotta watch those pacifier clips

lincoln8740 Guest

Could this be FAKE post #2 from DetroitDad?

I think so.

The first one was obviously fake.
    This one at least has a scent of truthfulness to it.

It also has a scent of BS to it. I sent it to snopes for review

never mind snopes, here is the TSA rebutal, complete with video evidence and yes, it is BS

http://www.tsa.gov/blog/2009/10/resp...ok-my-son.html

I recently got into the issue of which Hawaiian hospital the President was born in. There had been two hospitals in contention. The President issued a statement saying he was born in hospital #2. Snopes had been claiming He had been born in hospital #1. Upon the issuance of the President's unsubstantiated claim, Snopes changed it's tune. So much for Snopes. Either it's investigation was faulty or truth plays a second fiddle to the Party line at Snopes.

While I didn't see evidence of the passenger's claim in the video, TSA has been lying to us. For instance, TSA officials have been claiming that flying is a 'privelege' and not a right. The law, however, says that flying is a right. I won't even get into the Fourth Amendment.

I had posted this other article before about a similar incident. TSA also call this woman a liar. It could be that the TSA just has some bad eggs who aren't observing TSA policy. Either that or all these people are liars and attention seekers. On the other hand, who would have expected the government to begin intensive frisking as the alternatives to naked body scans under Obama?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGvsAgpfig

One curiosity which has arisen from this is the willingness and enthusiasm of Obama supporters on this board to be such 'good Germans' and come to the defense of the President who brought us grope. This slavish support of the police state by former Kucinich and Nader supporters is a bit of a surprise.

This is a woman who has issues with anxiety among other things. I'd take about 75% of what she says with a grain of salt. And before anyone jumps down my throat about that comment, I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety when I was in my twenties, and I spent a lot of years self medicating with booze, so I know of what I speak.Also, I'm surprised that carrying that 'emergency Xanax' loose in her pocket didn't get her in a shit load of trouble in itself. You need to keep meds in a marked bottle.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This is a woman who has issues with anxiety among other things. I'd take about 75% of what she says with a grain of salt. And before anyone jumps down my throat about that comment, I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety when I was in my twenties, and I spent a lot of years self medicating with booze, so I know of what I speak.Also, I'm surprised that carrying that 'emergency Xanax' loose in her pocket didn't get her in a shit load of trouble in itself. You need to keep meds in a marked bottle.
    Or stick with my approach: If you're gonna be "holding," carry an amount small enough that, in case of emergency, you can just wolf 'em all down without incurring anything worse than a helluva good buzz and maybe a little cramping.
    Oh, I'm such a great little kidder.
    *ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

One curiosity which has arisen from this is the willingness and enthusiasm of Obama supporters on this board to be such 'good Germans' and come to the defense of the President who brought us grope. This slavish support of the police state by former Kucinich and Nader supporters is a bit of a surprise.
    Oladub... as a member of America's largest minority... one of nearly 60 million Americans of "good German" descent... I would like to say collectively for all German-Americans....STFU!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Oladub... as a member of America's largest minority... one of nearly 60 million Americans of "good German" descent... I would like to say collectively for all German-Americans....STFU!!
    Is 'STFU' sort of like 'Sieg Heil'? It has sort of the same feel.

Here are some of the latest clips of our emerging police state protecting the Obamaland. Enjoy.

Russia Today's reporter being arrested in [[US) Georgia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXro0-p9650
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hNmipYAGY
    See what Russians get to see on their tv's.

Flight attendants fight back against genitalia groping. Even the unions are complaining.
    http://tv.breitbart.com/flight-atten...wn-procedures/
    Here's one you'll like. Man covered in urine after pat down. Another lier?
    http://www.breitbart.tv/man-left-cov...-tsa-pat-down/

On a lighter note, Breitbart is posting international videos of foreign contempt toward Obama's police state tactics.
    Taiwan http://www.breitbart.tv/taiwanese-an...-airport-rage/
    Japan[[this is the funniest) http://www.breitbart.tv/tsa-groping-...n-japanese-tv/
    Germany, Ja, deine Deutchland!!! Your distant relatives are stripping in protest while you support the der Omeister!!!
    http://www.breitbart.tv/nude-protest...rs-in-germany/
    Even SNL http://www.breitbart.tv/snl-imagines...s-sex-workers/

What is so wrong with a police state? Don't commit crimes and they wont bother you!!!

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What is so wrong with a police state? Don't commit crimes and they wont bother you!!!
    There was a time, in this forum, when I would have been fairly certain that you are kidding.

I am definitely kidding [[though unfortunately the police state IS coming and the American people are willing participants). I do think that this airport security controversy is over blown. If these folks would be prepared when they go through the checkpoint, then the process would go a lot smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    There was a time, in this forum, when I would have been fairly certain that you are kidding.

Ravine Guest

Glad to hear it.
    As for me, I'm not taking a side on this issue. I already hated everything about flying, other than the speed with which I can get where I'm going.
    I probably will never again fly anywhere. I thought the entire airport experience was obnoxious, already, and now it's worse.
    And Yes, that sort of does feed into the "The Terrorists Are Winning" stand-point.
    After 9/11, the first thing I heard was that we weren't going to allow terrorism to interfere with, or change, our way of life here in the good ol' U.S. of A.
    Seconds after that lofty pronouncement, we began proving it to be false.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    After 9/11, the first thing I heard was that we weren't going to allow terrorism to interfere with, or change, our way of life here in the good ol' U.S. of A.
    Seconds after that lofty pronouncement, we began proving it to be false.
    Maybe you didn't go shopping hard enough?

I The law, however, says that flying is a right.
    what law is that?

I won't even get into the Fourth Amendment.
    And, of course, most of the people bitching about this are the same ones who called me and others "un-American" for calling out the bushies for that "4th amendment doesn't apply to military operations, so the NSA can wire-tape anyone they want" memo and the Patriot Act in general

Of course some screeners go overboard. given the tens of thousands who go through screenings every day, the number of these complaints is miniscule. It would have helped if the repubs and blue dogs hadn't yanked provisions for more training for observational screening.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    And, of course, most of the people bitching about this are the same ones who called me and others "un-American" for calling out the bushies for that "4th amendment doesn't apply to military operations, so the NSA can wire-tape anyone they want" memo and the Patriot Act in general
    And just because you say so means it's true.

Your statement sounds like you're now on board with further infringements of our civil liberties. Even if prior neocons are now complaining about the T.S.A. [[T!tt!es, Scr0tum & A$$ gropers), you sound very upset thay they may be "coming around." You should be happy about that.

rb336: "what law is that?"
    This might be a blow to advocates of the police/nanny state.

Those of you who insist that flying is a 'privilege' might want to reflect on Search 49 U.S.C. § 40103 : US Code - Section 40103: Sovereignty and use of airspace [[2) "A citizen of the United States has a public RIGHT of transit
    through the navigable airspace". [[my capitalization)

Those people on TV who are telling us that flying is a 'privilege' are liers. It is a right. They should be removed from government.

Of course some screeners go overboard. given the tens of thousands who go through screenings every day, the number of these complaints is miniscule. It would have helped if the repubs and blue dogs hadn't yanked provisions for more training for observational screening.
    If the Patriot Act and wiretapping weren't good under Bush and Obama has extended and/or expanded both, you seem to have adjusted well. Take heart, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says that her quest for rooting out all possible sources of terrorism requires the federal government to consider expanding naked body scans and erogenous groping to light rail, Amtrak, and buses. Time to invest in naked body scanner stock. Think of all the jobs. Think of all the bureaucratic mission creep possibilities. If sales slow down, there are always schools and portable scanners that could be set up at roadblocks. "Papers please". To paraphrase Yogi Berra, "it's 1933 deja vu all over again".

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/130549-next-step-for-body-scanners-could-be-trains-boats-and-the-metro-
    Last edited by oladub; November-24-10 at 12:05 PM. Reason: got rid of some pictures

This might be a blow to advocates of the police/nanny state.
    how many people out there think anyone who uses that moronic "nanny state" bs is, well, ...

[qquote]Those of you who insist that flying is a 'privilege' might want to reflect on Search 49 U.S.C. § 40103 : US Code - Section 40103: Sovereignty and use of airspace [[2) "A citizen of the United States has a public RIGHT of transit
    through the navigable airspace". [[my capitalization)[/quote]

thank you, I never read that law. BUT if you look at 40101:
    [[d) Safety Considerations in Public Interest. - In carrying out
    subpart III of this part and those provisions of subpart IV
    applicable in carrying out subpart III, the Administrator shall
    consider the following matters, among others, as being in the
    public interest:
    [[1) assigning, maintaining, and enhancing safety and security
    as the highest priorities in air commerce.
    [[2) regulating air commerce in a way that best promotes safety
    and fulfills national defense requirements.

Those people on TV who are telling us that flying is a 'privilege' are liers. It is a right. They should be removed from government.
    actually, I have never heard anyone talk about it as a privelege. It is not, hhowever, a constitutional right. Oh, and liars is spelled...

If the Patriot Act and wiretapping weren't good under Bush and Obama has extended and/or expanded both, you seem to have adjusted well. Take heart, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says that her quest for rooting out all possible sources of terrorism requires the federal government to consider expanding naked body scans
    Have you actually seen what those scans look like? they don't show your junk, your face, etc. it's like nothing more than one of those vague line drawings of the human body

how many people out there think anyone who uses that moronic "nanny state" bs is, well, ...
    thank you, I never read that law. BUT if you look at 40101:
    they don't show your junk, your face, etc. it's like nothing more than one of those vague line drawings of the human body.
    actually, I have never heard anyone talk about it as a privelege. It is not, hhowever, a constitutional right. Oh, and liars is spelled...
    Again, you say you never heard it as such, so it must be true [[in your mind). I just heard a TSA mouthpiece on the radio this morning state that flying was a priveledge and not a right. So as far as the TSA [[T!tt!es, Scr0tum & A$$ grabbers) is concerned, flying is a priveledge.

By the way, since you're being a grammar Nazi, don't you know that you're supposed to capitalize the first letter when beginning a new sentence? Looks like you missed quite a few there. I marked it all in red for you to review and learn. Also, the word "hhowever" is spelled "however." Oh, and you also missed a period.
    Last edited by johnsmith; November-24-10 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Edit for Reasoning

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast