Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Monica Conyers tries to jump on Bing’s bandwagon, asked to leave

Ed Brayton
    Michigan Messenger

http://michiganmessenger.com/18591/m...asked-to-leave

Monica Conyers jumped on to the stage uninvited, with her name emblazoned on her hat — as if no one would know who it was without the hat. A Bing campaign staffer, no doubt well aware that she was there trying to jump on the Bing bandwagon while her husband was across town trying to get Cockrel elected [and thus allow her to keep her job as city council president], asked Conyers politely twice to leave the stage. When she refused to do so, the staffer got more blunt, telling her to ‘get the [expletive] off the stage.’”

LMAO!! That woman is certifably crazy!!!!!!!!! She is whack like crack.

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    LMAO!! That woman is certifably crazy!!!!!!!!! She is whack like crack.
    when cocaine is refined, one obtains crack. when detroit is refined, one obtains monica conyers.

Hey, she's just keepin it real!

I knew it was going to be fireworks. I can't wait for the first session where Kenkrel is back on council. In fact, when is that session? Is that going to be 5/19? I have to watch that video streamed. Now that will be pure entertainment.

What is the Michigan Messenger?

Regardless, if this is true, it will make my MONTH.

http://michiganmessenger.com/about

Michigan Messenger is an independently-produced political news daily featuring original and investigative reporting, which is part of the Center for Independent Media [[CIM).
    As a coalition of long-time progressive bloggers, freelance writers and professional journalists, our aim is to enhance and expand the political dialog in Michigan. By combining the immediacy of blogging with time-honored journalistic inquiry, Michigan Messenger intends to provide a platform for overlooked stories, policy and campaign analysis, and unique local perspectives on the important issues of the day.
    Our contributing writers subscribe to a Code of Ethics and the pursuit of truth-telling, fairness, and accountability.
    Interested candidates can learn more about the New Journalist Program and obtain an application to become a Fellow here.
    Readers can find our Comment Policy here.

You can see her getting the boot on the Fox 2 "Let It Rip" Segment.

Pretty funny, the way the blonde woman is acting you'd think Conyers had a nap sack loaded up with explosives.

I don't think Ken Crockel is going to get his seat back without a fight from her. There is a video clip of her on clickondetroit.com from this morning being interviewed about this. She is so arrogant it's sickening.
    Do you think people voted for Bing just to get her out of that position?

I missed the coverage on Tuesday night, But I must not have been dreaming then when I saw Mon Con on the stage. After spending most of tuesday at the UofM hospital, The last thing I remember was falling asleep with Conyers talking bout ?.
    Good thing I was too tired to have nitemares.

She needs to see the writing on the wall. She's having trouble getting petitions signed, her polling numbers are terrible. Almost 80% voted to establish a charter commission which means the people want change. I think all of the CC incumbents are at some risk some more than others. I think they are going to need to actually get out an campaign if they want to keep their jobs, and for MC I don't think she'll even make the primary cut.

lilpup Guest

I suspected MonCon ran over to Bing's party after it became apparent he was going to win, but no one had really commented on her being there other than to say she was.

It would be great, imho, if those on Council who worked to get KK out of office were around for revising of the city charter. They learned first hand what its weak points were.

Remeber she is on Drugs or Dog Food.....

Why does everyone think her position is dependent upon Bing, the citizens of Detroit elect council members, not the Mayor.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    I suspected MonCon ran over to Bing's party after it became apparent he was going to win...
    True. I don't recall her supporting Bing publicly prior to him winning.

She probably believed that she was going to win as a write-in candidate.

Maybe she thought it was a kareoke and she wanted a turn to sing her praises. Some folks just can't pass a chance to get in front of a camera.

diver1369 Guest

Yeah, she would look good playing the lead in EVITA