Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Midtown Transit map

Hey all,

I'm a student at WSU- a couple years ago a friend and I came up with the idea to create an interactive map of Midtown Detroit featuring all the available transit options. Eventually Wayne State offered to build it for us, and after 2 years of work, and settling on the name "Campus Alternative Transportation Map" here it is:

www.catmap.wayne.edu

It includes DDOT, SMART, Shuttles, and Bike Racks, as well as student Parking, and a hopefully expanding section for greenways.

We want input from users, it will be updated frequently and we hope to expand it one day beyond the borders of the campuses in Midtown.

Jeremy
    Last edited by j to the jeremy; November-22-10 at 04:02 PM.

nice work..this will come in handy!

Thank you. Because of auto insurance rates up there we're only bringing one car. I'll be busing it a lot

That is excellent! One suggestion: when someone clicks on a bus route it shows all the midtown stops and the route; it might also be helpful to pop up a window that tells the route frequency and where the bus goes beyond the borders of midtown. Example: DDOT route 16 might say "16 Dexter: north to Northland Mall or Providence Hospital [[alternating trips); south to downtown. Every 12 minutes weekday daytimes, less frequent nights/weekends. Route operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."

It would be nice to show the bus route names as well as the numbers. At least us older timers would know the routes that way. I really don't know from numbers. I kept punching numbers on your [[very nicely done) map and going "oh, that's the Dexter bus!"

Good work.

Nicely done!