Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Representing Detroit at the American Music Awards 2010

Eminem led the pack in nominations.

Kid Rock performed a song.

Mike Posner presented an award.

At least Eminem won for favorite rapper. But he was smart enough not to bother to show up for that P.O.S. event.

Default Kid Rock "Times Like These" AMA performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WasmZyQ6ZIs

Check out Kid Rock's performance at the American Music Awards last night. Keep an eye on the slide show in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    Agree with you, izzyindetroit.

That Kid Rock song speaks of the sentiment that many here on DetroitYes share each and every day.

As for Eminem, he sure lost many categories to Justin Bieber.

OOps, overlooked the other KR thread tho' it lacks a link to the performance. Feel free to just move my post over to the other thread.

Thanks for the link. Didn't think I could appreciate Kid till now.

very good song and performance.. I was looking at the background images, good shout outs to detroit.. is all the album like this, AC ballads?

Wow... I'm numb..... if this doesn't say for Kid Rock.... "ich bin ein Detroiter".... then nothing will...

I hope this puts to rest all the naysayers about Kid Rock being a Detroiter.... if this doesn't change your mind.... then you need to be checked for a pulse...

Over the years Kid Rock has slowly won me over. He is a homer who sticks up for and elevates our wounded city. I had heard this song before and it is beautiful, soulful and a gentle but loud, unapologetic Yes for Detroit.

Blarf Guest

Oh my, that was cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Oh my, that was cheesy.
    I guess one persons Camembert... is another persons' Limburger....

But then again... I don't think you've ever had a post where you didn't play the devil's advocate....
    Last edited by Gistok; November-22-10 at 07:56 PM.

And if you are from this area, you have to be moved to see the Spirit of Detroit still and the Made in Detroit still at the end of the song. And also to see a standing ovation, it gets quite emotional watching that video.

LOL! I agree, I hate to be so out of touch but the 'kind' of music celebrated in those shows is not my thing. With the exception of a few I just don't get into contemporary pop and rock and rap of today. I did check out the Kid Rock tune... kinda cool indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Left_For_Texas View Post
    At least Eminem won for favorite rapper. But he was smart enough not to bother to show up for that P.O.S. event.

OO how I miss the "Kid Rock is not from Detroit" thread.

Jesus. You guys really call that noise, "music"?????

Even I call it music, Ray, and I'm old. The guy's got talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Jesus. You guys really call that noise, "music"?????
    LOL.... Ray let's put this into perspective....

.... only 1 of the Andrews sisters is still alive.... last I checked Glenn Miller is still dead... and so alas is Perry Como....

Lawrence Welk has been dead for 20 years now.... Bobby & Sissy don't get around much anymore.... and ever since JoAnn Castle had her hip replacement surgery... she doesn't bounce around on the piano stool like she used too....

But here's something to your liking Ray that also has a Michigan connection [[in fact it lost to "White Christmas" for an Academy Award in 1943).... the first 4:20 minutes of this recording...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFv_PoZ2iP0&NR=1
    [[P.S. Besides Glenn Miller on trombone, there's Jackie Gleason on Double Bass and Cesar Romero on Piano...)

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Oh my, that was cheesy.
    IF that was cheesy I'll take some fries with that. AWESOME!!

Kid Soft Rock.

I don't support his music so much as I buy the Made In Detroit T-shirts and his beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    LOL.... Ray let's put this into perspective....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFv_PoZ2iP0&NR=1
    [[P.S. Besides Glenn Miller on trombone, there's Jackie Gleason on Double Bass and Cesar Romero on Piano...)
    Ah, that's good stuff, Gistok. And not one stinkin' guitar in the bunch. I wonder how many of today's 'entertainers' really know how to play his/her guitar other than three chords?

I'm pretty hung up on Andre' Rieu's concerts. Have most of his CD's and a DVD or two. He's coming to LV at the end of the month and I'll be there, for sure.

[[I wonder how many DYers are wondering, "Who the F is Andre' Rieu?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post

[[I wonder how many DYers are wondering, "Who the F is Andre' Rieu?)
    Not me. I'm just wondering if you can say "stay off my lawn" if it's just white rocks.

He really nailed that performance. He's a heck of a good musician.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Not me. I'm just wondering if you can say "stay off my lawn" if it's just white rocks.
    Never think of it. But it's easier to clean up dog poop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast