Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Marilyn Donohoe Homocide

Quite by accident I stumbled across a Michigan History magazine article that mentioned Ms. Donohue's murder back in Dec. of 1960. Bigtime news, I remember coming home to read the latest Detroit News accounts everyday for many weeks. It stayed on the front page that long.

If memory serves, she was killed at or outside an office on James Couzens...& maybe 6 or 7 Mi. Rd. I remember pictures, she was a very pretty woman in her mid-20's I think.

For reasons I won't go into, this struck a personal chord with me, even though I was just a lad of ten at the time. I hadn't thought of this in a long time.

I did some Googling, and came up with nothing. Wondered if this case was ever solved. Perhaps Ray1936 might recall this one or some other folks?

Donahoe or Donahue?

from google books:

http://books.google.com/books?id=5T1...onohue&f=false

an interesting read as it explains the reasoning behind Miriani's heavy handed police tactics. Also it sheds light on the Chief at the time, a former businessman who had been mirani's campaign treasurer

Very interesting link there gnome. Thank you. That fills in a little hole in Detroit political history, answers some questions I had about that period, and helps to explain more about what followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Donahoe or Donahue?
    Doh......my bad.

This is a link to article about Cavanagh's miracle election, has similar thoughts from the link you posted gnome.
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...e_308397_7.pdf

Perhaps they never did solve her murder...funny if they guy had been around the neighborhood and even applied for a job. Though a little blurry in my head, I can still picture her image from the front page of the news

I don't recall the incident, Mike. But then, I can't remember what Marge just served me for breakfast a few hours back.

Interesting book find, Gnome. I'm gonna have to read that whole thing later on to remind myself how my only ambition in life was to harass black folks. Somehow I seem to have forgotten that, too.

9mile&seneca Guest

Hope you can remember when you cut somebody off at the knees...