Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    IIRC, I thought I read that Ferchill himself had some pretty large personal guarantees on that Garden Inn debt. [[which I thought was kinda strange). But he had very little of his own [[or the business') money in on the Book renovation.
    It is obvious that Ferchill had personal guarantees on the Hilton Garden Inn. That is the reason the lender is suing him. Maybe this is what kraig is alluding to. We all know what is going on with that hotel.

I was just wondering about more specific information that kraig had on the BC that would cause him to say it [[and Ferchill) is in trouble. Rumor has been that the condos were nearly all sold or rented out.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    It is obvious that Ferchill had personal guarantees on the Hilton Garden Inn. That is the reason the lender is suing him. Maybe this is what kraig is alluding to. We all know what is going on with that hotel.

I was just wondering about more specific information that kraig had on the BC that would cause him to say it [[and Ferchill) is in trouble. Rumor has been that the condos were nearly all sold or rented out.
    they were sold at nearly half their original asking prices... if they sold at all. [[there is a thread somewhere back detailing the fire-sale on the condos.)

I just stayed in a city that was a UNESCO world heritage city. The place was a Baron's mansion inthe 17th century. I had the best suite [[thump my chest here) and only paid $149e a night for 5 nights. At the time of booking the euro was $1.30. A helluva lot better deal [[that also included gourmet breakfast each day) than this rip-off at the B-C.

Why are hotels so damn expensive in North America?

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    By the way. The Book Cadillac is in trouble, serious trouble. Sadly, Ferchill is on the path of becoming to the Detroit hotel scene what Frank Turner has been to the restaurant scene.
    Can anyone vouch for this? I know the condo units didn't sell as well as planned but I didn't think the building was in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I just stayed in a city that was a UNESCO world heritage city. The place was a Baron's mansion inthe 17th century. I had the best suite [[thump my chest here) and only paid $149e a night for 5 nights. At the time of booking the euro was $1.30. A helluva lot better deal [[that also included gourmet breakfast each day) than this rip-off at the B-C.
    Good for you. But your hotel wasn't 4 blocks from Cobo Center during Autorama. So your attempted comparison is a moot point.

By the way. The Book Cadillac is in trouble, serious trouble. Sadly, Ferchill is on the path of becoming to the Detroit hotel scene what Frank Turner has been to the restaurant scene.

Sadly, this isn't the first time I have heard this...

Three things
    1. Bcscott - the Book Cadillac's rate for Autorama is $103 per night. It's right on the front page of Autorama's website http://www.autorama.com/casi/show/detroit.php

2. kraig - Please explain where you get your information that allow you to say "By the way. The Book Cadillac is in trouble, serious trouble." Other than pulling it of your ass. I am sick and tired of naysayers like you making comments like they are facts. If you want to vomit up useless uninformed opinions, that’s fine, just put a disclaimer on your comments, something like "the following came out my ass".

3. The name is of this message board is "DetroitYes", yet it is one of the most negative messages boards I have even seen with regards to Detroit. I don’t understand why so many of you thrive on ripping Detroit. What do you expect? Someone to snap their fingers and make Detroit the perfect city? I say if you’re not onboard the rebuilding efforts [[including positive attitudes regarding the city) then get off the damn boat and leave us people who are working to make Detroit better city to our work!

Quote Originally Posted by 32Pitch View Post
    Three things
    1. Bcscott - the Book Cadillac's rate for Autorama is $103 per night. It's right on the front page of Autorama's website http://www.autorama.com/casi/show/detroit.php

2. kraig - Please explain where you get your information that allow you to say "By the way. The Book Cadillac is in trouble, serious trouble." Other than pulling it of your ass. I am sick and tired of naysayers like you making comments like they are facts. If you want to vomit up useless uninformed opinions, that’s fine, just put a disclaimer on your comments, something like "the following came out my ass".

3. The name is of this message board is "DetroitYes", yet it is one of the most negative messages boards I have even seen with regards to Detroit. I don’t understand why so many of you thrive on ripping Detroit. What do you expect? Someone to snap their fingers and make Detroit the perfect city? I say if you’re not onboard the rebuilding efforts [[including positive attitudes regarding the city) then get off the damn boat and leave us people who are working to make Detroit better city to our work!
    Nice first post. If I had 5 cents for how many times item 3 has been posted on here, the train station could be renovated into lofts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4