Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 350.org's latest project

I wish posters would add a little synopsis on what the link is all about, so we don't have to watch a blank page load for minutes at a time. Can't you take a few extra minutes and help us all out?

It's the world's first art exhibition big enough to be seen from space. It's to make people aware of global climate change.

"
    350 parts per million is what many scientists, climate experts, and progressive national governments are now saying is the safe upper limit for CO2 in our atmosphere.
    Accelerating arctic warming and other early climate impacts have led scientists to conclude that we are already above the safe zone at our current 388ppm, and that unless we are able to rapidly return to below 350 ppm this century, we risk reaching tipping points and irreversible impacts such as the melting of the Greenland ice sheet and major methane releases from increased permafrost melt."

we risk reaching tipping points and irreversible impacts such as the melting of the Greenland ice sheet and major methane releases from increased permafrost melt."
    and then all the major coastal cities will flood, and then what????????

Geuss I will just hang out here to find out the rest of the story!

I've always thought one of the biggest negatives about living in Michigan is the length of our winters. I like the change of seasons, but after the holidays winter just lingers and lingers and lingers. I've love to see 1/5 - 2 months lopped off the length of our winters here in Michigan. Think of how much more time we'd have to golf, boat, garden, bike, etc.

Yeah. How come the tree huggers never talk about the positive benefits of global warming....longer crop seasons, less heating needs, etc?