Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default I want to apologize to some white people i offended

I made a thread a while back making a blanket statement about white people being racist, mainly white residents of Oakland County.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=6496

I got so mad i decided to move out of Oakland County, they'll never get another dime of my money! Since this incident i'm still representing myself in this civil matter. After my latest court appearance i'm convinced more than ever that the judge is racist, he's been on the bench longer than than the Civil Rights Act of 1968 has been law and anti-miscegenation laws were deemed unconstitutional! Thank God forced retirement is the law in Michigan. Things still didn't go the way i would have liked but after court people who saw me give my presentation all said how good of a job i did and how the case should have been in my favor instead of an adjournment and they were all white people including a lawyer. When the Judge is presented with so much evidence proving his original decision was a mistake you would hope that their pride wouldn't get in the way of their decision. That didn't happen but instead of a reversal of his original decision he adjourned the case until a later date, which i can deal with at the moment. So to the white people i offended i'm sorry. To the racist white people on here who automatically assumed i was before the judge for a criminal matter, i wasn't so kiss my ass. I'm a 32 year old black male who has never been in trouble with the law and never even had a traffic ticket!

We forgive you.

No problem, but I'd love to know why when something doesn't go the way some people would like, why they instantly jump to calling someone a racist? [[I'm not asking that to start anything, it's just a question). What I'm wondering, is what did the judge do that made him a racist? Judging against you, or anyone of a different race doesn't make him one, unless he said something that was actually racist.
    I'm reading the other thread to see if it was mentioned in there, at this point it has not been.

I agree, context is everything. If the judge had some preconceived notion on which he was basing the decision, that could become part of the discussion.

One example would be Justice Breyer, I think it was, wondering why a 13 year old girl would have any objection to being strip searched in front of several adults, since in his school experience in the locker room, nudity is no big deal.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=103334943

forgive and forget...that's what mom always said

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    No problem, but I'd love to know why when something doesn't go the way some people would like, why they instantly jump to calling someone a racist? [[I'm not asking that to start anything, it's just a question). What I'm wondering, is what did the judge do that made him a racist? Judging against you, or anyone of a different race doesn't make him one, unless he said something that was actually racist.
    I'm reading the other thread to see if it was mentioned in there, at this point it has not been.
    The reason is that some people don't understand "why" something is not going there way. Especially if it is being perceived as being unfair. When people are trying to decide why they are being treated unfairly they go thru there reasons for that happening. When they can't determine the reason [[s) then the race card starts to creep into the conversation. Its not right, but with people not being exactly open when addressing that person one is only left to wonder if racism isn't the reason.