Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Rick Snyder to commute to Lansing every day

http://www.freep.com/comments/articl...-Arbor-commute

As Mr. Snyder drives from Ann Arbor to Lansing and back every day, he should have time to think about the possibilities that a high-speed rail line from Ann Arbor to Lansing might provide, and other mass-transit infrastructure..

ann arbor to lansing ain't that far

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    http://www.freep.com/comments/articl...-Arbor-commute

As Mr. Snyder drives from Ann Arbor to Lansing and back every day, he should have time to think about the possibilities that a high-speed rail line from Ann Arbor to Lansing might provide, and other mass-transit infrastructure..
    He'll also have time to think about how much the college there on the banks of the Red Cedar completely owns his alma mater in basketball and football.

"The Nerdmobile"

He might change his mind after about a year of commuting back and forth ala Dave Bing. Remember Bing was opposed to staying at the Manoogian in the beginning but then things changed.

On another note though, I would like to eliminate most perks for politicians. They are well paid and don't need to have every expense they could possibly face paid for by the taxpayer. The taxpayer is already paying their salaries, they need to learn to live off of their paychecks.

Maybe Bing & Snyder represent the type of politician that can lead us in that direction...

My prediction is that he'll be moving to Lansing by June.
    That much driving each day will wear down just about anyone.

One week of that sounds like torture to me.
    Hell, I made a 200 mile trip as a passenger last weekend and I was shot the next day. Me and long trips don't get along very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    He might change his mind after about a year of commuting back and forth ala Dave Bing. Remember Bing was opposed to staying at the Manoogian in the beginning but then things changed.
    Yeah.... Bing had to wait until the "stench" was finally removed from the Manoogian!

But there's a big difference between a 1 hour commute [[Snyder) and a 5 minute commute [[Bing).

The comparison seems rather odd....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yeah.... Bing had to wait until the "stench" was finally removed from the Manoogian!

But there's a big difference between a 1 hour commute [[Snyder) and a 5 minute commute [[Bing).

The comparison seems rather odd....
    Why do people always have to be so literal and argumentative? I meant that Bing promised not to live in the government provided residence and then changed his mind.

He does have a place to crash in Lansing if he wants too. The average commute is 45 minutes. I prefer a Governor living in Metro Detroit even though Ann Arbor wants nothing to do with us.

lilpup Guest

His home in Ann Arbor probably puts the Governor's mansion to shame. Plus his back fence neighbor in Ann Arbor is Bill Ford Jr. and he's surrounded by other high enders in that general area [[including Dingell challenger Rob Steele).

My thoughts exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post

On another note though, I would like to eliminate most perks for politicians. They are well paid and don't need to have every expense they could possibly face paid for by the taxpayer. The taxpayer is already paying their salaries, they need to learn to live off of their paychecks.

Maybe Bing & Snyder represent the type of politician that can lead us in that direction...

How far is it? I remember the trip from US 23 to Lansing being extremely boring, but I don't remember the mileage.

I only ask because I knew people that drove from Brighton/Howell to Troy or downtown every day. There is no way I would do that though.

If he claims mileage at today's prices and allowances, that could be a nice bump to his pay.

Anybody remember the Engler-mobile?

I mapped it on Google[[which is quite easy to do) and it's roughly 67 miles. But you do realize that he will have a State Police guard that will probably do the driving for him in a state provided car, right?

^^ Or helicopter.