Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default enough time has been served.give whiteboy Rick a chance

I think that he has served enough time.He hasnt murdered anyone.They are letting murders,rapist,child rapist and all types of people out,why not him?

He's a Snitch. Is he up for parole or something?

I dont know he is up for parole or not,I jus thnk tht 20plus years is enough.

I dnt understand,if he did all this snitch.Why is he still in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by feverdogg View Post
    He hasnt murdered anyone.
    That you know of. He was involved in running a stolen car ring from the inside a few years back. I'm not sure what became of that. Chances are, if they let him out they will just have to try him for something else pretty soon. He got life with no possibility of parole if I remember correctly. They changed the law and now he is eligible for parole. It's been 22 years, but I bet you if he showed his face in Detroit he'd be dead inside a month. Maybe his boy Kid Rock can set him up someplace.

While it is true that WBR never killed anyone,he isn't the poster child run-of-the-mill convict.He was selling LARGE quantities of cocaine.If you go through some of the seedier neighborhoods in the city you will see that there is still large amounts of cocaine being sold and along with it comes the property crimes,larceny,robbery,car jacking and all other forms of crime,just to acquire cocaine for their daily fix.When WBR was in his prime,along with the chambers gang,etal the city was going to hell in a hand basket and it hasn't gotten any better that is why he will not get out for some time.However,if he hadn't done the things that he did,someone else would have.So much for the war on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by feverdogg View Post
    I dnt understand,if he did all this snitch.Why is he still in prison?
    Because back in 2003 the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office convinced the then Federal Prosecutor, Jeffrey Collins to pull his letter of support for Wershe's parole. The prosecture's office contended that the fact that Wershe was doing his time in a federal prison instead of state prison was his reward for snitching.

Personally, even though I abhor snitches, I think for the sake of consistency, he should be freed since a lot of the drug dealers that he did crimes with that actually were convicted of homicides have served less time than he did and are now free.

This is a fundamental problem with Detroit; the lack of snitches.

Why do so many crimes go unsolved [[murders, larceny, theft, rape ect…)? Because of the destructive and ignorant culture that people should not “snitch”. How has it come to this that people “abhor” those that turn in criminals? If you commit a crime, you deserve to spend time in jail. If you know facts that could lead to the arrest of a rapist or murderer, it is your ethical duty to report that person.

Obviously, crime is a factor that keeps people away from Detroit or willing to help rebuild/invest. The more criminals off the street, the better; Detroit needs MORE SNITCHES.

WBR is doing life under the so-called 650-lifer law.For selling large quantities of cocaine,this was what he was charged with.Some people convicted under this law have been paroled but mainly they were not the ones actually doing the crime but accomplices or "mules."Some were doing this to supply their habits and were/weren't aware of the quantity of drugs they were transporting.He was actually caught with either 17 kilos or pounds,I'm not sure.Whatever,anything over 650 grams,which is about 1 1/2 pounds, gets you life w/o parole in the great State of Michigan,

I wonder if this thread would exist if it were for the Leader of YBI?

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post

Why do so many crimes go unsolved [[murders, larceny, theft, rape ect…)? Because of the destructive and ignorant culture that people should not “snitch”. How has it come to this that people “abhor” those that turn in criminals? If you commit a crime, you deserve to spend time in jail. If you know facts that could lead to the arrest of a rapist or murderer, it is your ethical duty to report that person.

Obviously, crime is a factor that keeps people away from Detroit or willing to help rebuild/invest. The more criminals off the street, the better; Detroit needs MORE SNITCHES.
    You have a valid point about Detroit needing more snitches,however when you have to reside in the same neighborhood and have to fear the lawlessness that occurs,that makes it hard to complain or "snitch"to the authorities.A couple of years ago I found out that someone from the neighborhood where I own a house in the City of Detroit was growing Marijuana in the backyard of the house that i own.I went to the N.E DISTRICT station house to complain.I was told to call 911.I was in the STATION HOUSE and they told me to call 911.I told the OOD that if he didn't care,then neither did I.Now this isn't something as serious as having a crime committed and having witnessed it and failed to "snitch",but when you are told to call 911 in the lobby of the station house it is kinda strange.I had nothing to lose by going to the police as I didn't live either in the neighborhood or even the city but I felt it was my civic duty to inform the police and they didn't even seem to care.Maybe if I had asked to see the commander,I might have gotten a better response.

So much destruction in the city from WBR and his contemps.Should have been put in the stocks for a while then put to hard labor until death.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    He was paroled, wrote a book, and was sent back to the pen for, surprise, being a criminal again!

Obviously, some people don't know the difference between a witness and a snitch.

A witness is, for the most part, a regular law abiding citizen who will see a crime and then report to the police what they saw because they feel that it is their civic duty and the right thing to do.

A snitch, on the other hand, is a criminal who gets caught committing a crime, and in order to alleviate their punishment or have their crime excused, tells on someone else that has committed a crime. They are not doing it out of a sense of duty, but, purely for their own selfish gain.

So, for those of you that are advocating for more snitches. What you're unknowingly advocating for are more criminals. What you really want are more witnesses.

There endeth the lesson.

Free white boy rick!!!!

Sounds like they should hang him instead.

This was a puzzling case.

I think that alot of people are to quick to judge people based on media facts.

regarding Big Meech, White Boy Rick, and whoever else is doing time now.. too many of these former dope-lords, 'big time hustlers/players' tend to get lionized in the culture for their "accomplishments".. They made their choices, let them live out the consequences..
    look at what happened to the Chambers Bros., Currie Bros., Best Friends Crew, YBI, etc.
    You won't see me wearing a T-shirt that gives props to these people.. not my thing..
    Last edited by Hypestyles; November-17-10 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post

Snitching could just lead to more murder. Think about it like a gangster would. If someone snitched on your boy and got him locked up what are you going to do about it? Kill the snitch. It has happened many times before.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Wow, nice work in turning THIS into a racial issue. That takes some talent. Now do the La Nina thread.

I think that alot of people are to quick to judge people based on media facts.
    Facts are the dude was a drug dealer and gangster. String him up. Stretch the turkey's neck and save the taxpayers some money.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    A snitch, on the other hand, is a criminal who gets caught committing a crime, and in order to alleviate their punishment or have their crime excused, tells on someone else that has committed a crime.
    This is true, but snitching does not guarantee a pardon or a reduced sentence. A good example of this is the case of WBR. His cooperation with the FBI lead to numerous convictions, including those of police officers. As a result of his cooperation with the Federal Government, WBR received a life sentence, some of which was even served in a Federal prison.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    So, for those of you that are advocating for more snitches. What you're unknowingly advocating for are more criminals. What you really want are more witnesses.
    A criminal is a criminal prior to snitching. Snitching does not make someone a criminal. For large scale criminal operations, such as the ones WBR was involved in, snitches are much more important than witnesses. A witness observes and makes complaints; a snitch is involved intimately in the logistics of criminal enterprises. A snitch's cooperation can topple entire criminal empires.

I agree with you that we need more witnesses, but we need them to come forward on smaller crimes, such as scrapping and vandalism. I would argue that we need more snitches, i.e. criminals, involved in organized crime to finger as many of their accomplices as possible.

What! give that DRUG DEALER thief, tramp and murderer a chance. Let's pray about it and see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast