Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Born Free

Default Born Free

Kid Rock drops another album tomorrow, what do you all think about it? Mostly a country and bob segar sound to it. Care with T.I. and Martina is definitely the strongest track.

As you can see izzy......nobody gives a sh*t....lol I think personally that I'm just tired of Kid Rock myself, however I give him much respect for what he has done as a kid from Romeo, Michigan. He also does many things for The City of Detroit, so much kudos there also.

I'm surprised hardly anyone has responded. I've always been a huge Kid Rock fan but I have yet to hear a song on this album. I plan on checking it out today though.

Default Born Free

Just bought the CD yesterday and can say that I really like about 80% of it.
    It is mostly country or country rock, which is OK with me.
    The writing seems better and there is less shouting. I don't think he shouts the words "Kid Rock" even once.
    One song pays homage to Detroit and Michigan and is very good.
    All in all, this may be my favorite Kid Rock CD. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    As you can see izzy......nobody gives a sh*t....lol I think personally that I'm just tired of Kid Rock myself, however I give him much respect for what he has done as a kid from Romeo, Michigan. He also does many things for The City of Detroit, so much kudos there also.
    I mostly created this thread as troll bait because I know how many people seem to have an uncontrollable and undeserved hatred for him on this forum.

I was lucky to pay only $3.99 for the digital download on amazon. I don't really care for much of the tracks on the album. I am rather disappointed because Rick Rubin rarely disappoints when he takes the lead as producer.

I miss the dirty brown trucker band and I have a problem with some of the lyrics. When Bobby sings about paying campfire songs by the river as a teen, it makes me think back to the albums he created as a teen where he rapped about sticking his balls in your mouth and eating pussy.

While the vocals, production, and sound are all very well done, I miss the variety of genres. It is great to hear a country song ever now and again, but twelve of them in a row with some bordering on christian rock is boring.

In the December issue of Maxim is an article about KR and the jobs he has created with the clothing line he has and the Michigan Brewing Company making his line of Americanbadass beer

The video for "Born Free" was shot up at Pictured Rocks in Munising, and around Ortonville in Oakland County. He's riding his bike down Grange Hall Road, and singing in a field out behind Cook's Dairy.

I remember reading at one point that the "Care" song had featured Mary J. Blige as the female guest.. I guess something happened...

...and when is he going to go on tour with old-school rappers..
    Last edited by Hypestyles; November-18-10 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I remember reading at one point that the "Care" song had featured Mary J. Blige as the female guest.. I guess something happened...

...and when is he going to go on tour with old-school rappers..
    MJB was on a demo version of the track. It came as an added track to the album purchased on Amazon. While soulful, I think the McBride one is superior.