Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    gdogslim Guest

Default Traveling, prepare for xray scan or pat down feel

The TSA will either pat you down or feel you up, whatever they feel like when you travel this season. If you deny a full body XRay scan with possible long term cancer implications they will shout out for the crew to give you a good feel up or pat down, however you look at it.
    Hasn't the war on terror turned nice?
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...mn15_ST1_N.htm
    The thought of some 25 YO TSA high school drop out feeling my mother for weapons makes me sick to my stomach.

Most average Americans will just ask what you have to hide if you complain.

Not a nation of intellectuals by any means. Just sheep who like to sled down the slippery slope as long as there is beer and tits at the bottom.

Damn. All this time I thought those were at the TOP.

I'm sure somebody told me that...more than once!

Can we request a young female TSA screener when they get to the groping part?

Screw the TSA. Don't fly anywhere, drive when you can, maybe take a train.

Oh good lord... it's feels kind of odd that I'm in complete agreement with some folks I sometimes disagree with....

.... but don't worry folks... if they have to followup with a complimentary cavity search... they'll warm their surgical gloved hands first....

Sort of makes the idea of high speed intercity trains just slightly more palatable, doesn't it??

http://www.optoutday.com/

The goal of National Opt Out Day is to send a message to our lawmakers that we demand change. We have a right to privacy and buying a plane ticket should not mean that we're guilty until proven innocent. This day is needed because many people do not understand what they consent to when choosing to fly.

http://wewontfly.com/

Backscatter X-ray uses ionizing radiation, a known cumulative health hazard, to produce images of passengers’ bodies
    Last edited by Pam; November-15-10 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Sort of makes the idea of high speed intercity trains just slightly more palatable, doesn't it??
    Just wait, as soon as we have a "man-caused disaster" on the rails, the TSA will be in every passenger train terminal.

The TSA's long-term screening solution must include profiling based on individual behaviors, not just pushing everyone through the latest technological fine-mesh sieve that is typically one step behind the capabilities of those who want to do us harm.

I'll be traveling to KC later this month using my own vehicle. Therefore I don't have to prepare for a scan or a pat-down - and I'll be saving a chunk of change in return for the extra time it will take me.

Putting it in perspective, what happens if they stop this and another incident happens? People will be having kittens because nobody took measures to prevent it. They have to do something, so what is acceptable?

Like I said above; I don't fly anymore. There isn't anywhere I need to get that fast, and I don't plan on going overseas any time soon. TSA is one factor, maybe the biggest, but others are cost, added fees, time wasted on crowds and delays, etc., etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Just wait, as soon as we have a "man-caused disaster" on the rails, the TSA will be in every passenger train terminal.

I'll be traveling to KC later this month using my own vehicle. Therefore I don't have to prepare for a scan or a pat-down - ...
    Agreed. And it's already happened if you remember the big derailment in Arizona a few years back. But wait until somebody sets something off as a train passes through a tunnel or over a river trestle somewhere.

And your car as you drive like I prefer to? Wait until some moron pulls the pin inside the Big Dig in Boston or one of the tunnels under the Hudson River as they drive a car through. TSA will want to stop and search every vehicle and occupant before they enter.

That last video was clear. You are completely giving up any rights once you decide to fly. They can see you naked on screen or touch you anywhere they want and you cannot object or say anything they find intimidating. I don't like flying and we typically drive when we have to go somewhere, this just increases my resolution not to fly.

We spent five beautiful days sightseeing on the way to San Diego this month, and four days coming back. It was a relaxing, enjoyable trip. Flyover country is endlessly fascinating, a reason to drive even if passenger rights are not being given up in the name of safety.

Ben Franklin said it best: Those who would trade in their freedom for their protection deserve neither.

Islandman, The first article below is a much more detailed article of the guy in your CNN video link. He is polite but is kicked out of the airport and then told that if he leaves the airport he will be fined. My wife saw the interview with some bigshot from TSA and was angry that CNN let the guy get off the hook without answering CNN's questions.

TSA Encounter at San Diego Airport Nov/13/10

Not all people who opt out are treated so rudely
    My experience of the opt out of the naked body scanner. [[This person was simply patted down. This is probably the way these searches are supposed to be conducted.)

The top two videos on the left side of the below link are good. This woman's story is much like the San Diego airport story. The second video is is 17 seconds of TSA molesting a news reporter's 3 year old. The girl is screaming 'don't touch me' as she struggles. The reporter was sharp enough to photograph this incident if, perhaps, not much of a father.
    TSA targets ‘smoking hot’ woman for naked scan; fondles children

Meanwhile, CAIR is fighting for the modesty rights of Muslim women.
    Muslim women may escape TSA patdowns over ethnic sensitivity

some music for after you've opened the other links
    See Me, Feel Me
    This video, set to the soundtrack by The Who, portrays some of the imagery surrounding the controversial enhanced TSA security procedures.
    Last edited by oladub; November-15-10 at 12:21 PM. Reason: added last link

I stopped flying after they confiscated my safety matches during a domestic flight. And the reason I opted for safety matches instead of butane lighters was out of respect for others' safety.

What bugs me is the attitude that 9-11 changed everything forever in such a way that we'll never return to true security where such measures were unnecessary. This defeatist attitude only guarantees that that loss-of-liberty slippery slope goes one way: down. It won't even allow for the possibility of climbing back up the slide.

I'm confident that with just a little bit more courage we could have that secure, sensible country back again.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Mother Sexually Assaulted By Airport Personnel

All I can say is wow!

From Our Little Chatter Box Blog:

TSA - Sexual Assault
    I have an incident to share that occurred late Friday afternoon, November 12, 2010, around 5:15 in the Dayton International Airport.

I realize the publishing this publically on the internet puts me into a delicate situation, given that I am a high profile blogger and author. This is a difficult incident to share, but it needs to be said...Because I will not be a silent victim.
    I will share the facts of the incident in as a matter of fact manner as I can.

I checked into my flight and had a boarding pass printed that included “plus infant.” My baby and I were flying from Dayton, OH, to San Antonio, TX, so I could run in the San Antonio Half Marathon. I was taking my baby along because he is still breastfeeding for part of the day.

I entered the security line, removed the special formula that I had with me for the baby, as well as my quart size baggie with my other liquids. I went through the x-ray machine and metal detector, carrying the baby, with no incident.

Because I was traveling with baby formula, I knew to expect that they would test it with the paper circles for explosives. The TSA agent took all of my belongings over to the table in the center of the explosive screening tables. She asked me, “Are you aware of the NEW policies for carrying liquids through security that were instated 4 years ago?” [[capitalized to show the emphasis that she placed on that word.)

I replied, “Yes, I fly with him every several weeks.”

She scanned the formula, then turned to me and said, “Remove your shoes and stand on that black mat for a patdown.”

I said, “OK, what do I do with the baby?”

“You cannot be holding him.” [[I am traveling alone.)

So I placed him into his stroller. She instructed me, “Spread your feet apart and hold your arms out to the side.” I obliged.

She patted my left arm, my right arm, my upper back and my lower back. She then said, “I need to reach in and feel along the inside of your waistband.”

She felt along my waistline, moved behind me, then proceeded to feel both of my buttocks. She reached from behind in the middle of my buttocks towards my vagina area.

She did not tell me that she was going to touch my buttocks, or reach forward to my vagina area.

She then moved in front of my and touched the top and underneath portions of both of my breasts.

She did not tell me that she was going to touch my breasts.

She then felt around my waist. She then moved to the bottoms of my legs.

She then felt my inner thighs and my vagina area, touching both of my labia.

She did not tell me that she was going to touch my vagina area or my labia.

She then told me that I could put my shoes on and I asked if I could pick up the baby, she replied Yes.

She then moved back to my belongings to finish scanning them with the paper discs for explosives. When she finished she said I was free to go.

I stood there holding my baby in shock. I did not move for almost a minute.

I stood there, an American citizen, a mom traveling with a baby with special needs formula, sexually assaulted by a government official. I began shaking and felt completely violated, abused and assaulted by the TSA agent. I shook for several hours, and woke up the next day shaking.

Here is why I was sexually assaulted. She never told me the new body search policy. She never told me that she was going to touch my private parts. She never told me when or where she was going to touch me. She did not inform me that a private screening was available. She did not inform me of my rights that were a part of these new enhanced patdown procedures.

When I booked my ticket, I was given no information that the TSA had changed their wand and unintrusive patdown procedures to “enhanced” patdown procedures that involved the touching of all parts of your body, including breasts and vagina on women and testicles and penis on men. I was not informed by any signs on the front side of security about the new procedures. I had not seen any media coverage about the issue, so I had no idea that this was a new government sanctioned policy.

Another important piece in this story, the Dayton airport does not have the new body scanners. I was not given any other search options. It was enhanced patdown, or nothing. [[And I would have opted for the body scanner, if I were going to be subject to a sexual assault.)

I asked to speak to a supervisor immediately. I had a very unpleasant conversation with him that lasted 20 minutes. I moved to the back of the security area, made a few phone calls, including to my lawyer. He did some quick research, and learned that I had indeed been sexually assaulted because she did not follow the SOP [[standard operating procedure) for the new search.

During our first conversation, the TSA acting manager of the shift told me that the TSA agent who sexually assaulted me was supposed to inform me about the new search procedure and tell me when and where she was going to touch me. He also apologized on behalf of himself and on behalf of the agent who sexually assaulted me. I was not allowed to speak to the agent who sexually assaulted me, nor did the acting manager provide me with her name. [[I did not have the presence of mind to look at her nameplate, as I was in shock.)

I also spoke with the Dayton police, the Dayton airport police, and left a message for the TSA manager for the Dayton airport. I intend to request the TSA to arrange for counseling services to be provided to me, so I can deal with the aftermath of the sexual assault that took place, caused by the specific touching actions and failure to inform me of the policies by the TSA agent.

I am speaking out against the TSA and share my sexual assault case to ensure that this does not happen to anyone else, anywhere.

I will not be a silent victim of sexual assault by a TSA agent. Total Sexual Assault.

I am calling for immediate change to this new enhanced body patdown search.

I am calling for the TSA agent who sexually assaulted me to be fired.

I am calling for you, a fellow American, to stand up against these new enhanced full body patdown search procedures of the TSA.

Please note: I do plan on flying back to Ohio on Monday, because it will take me too long to drive home from Texas. I do not however intend to fly again until this search policy of sexual molestation is revoked by the TSA.

I will leave you with this thought: “It is acceptable and encouraged that a TSA government official can do something to an American citizen that US military personnel cannot do to a member of the Taliban.”

*UPDATE: Thank you all for the links and information about where and with whom I can share this. I am continuing to take action. Please feel free to leave other helpful information you find. I will be turning on comment moderation for the remainder of the day. -Erin

DetroitDad Guest

I'm with you Jimaz! And everyone else on here!

“It is now acceptable and encouraged that a TSA government official can do something to an American citizen that US military personnel cannot do to a member of the Taliban.”
    ~Quote from a mother who was sexually assaulted in front of her special needs child; http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=7821

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I stopped flying after they confiscated my safety matches during a domestic flight. And the reason I opted for safety matches instead of butane lighters was out of respect for others' safety.

What bugs me is the attitude that 9-11 changed everything forever in such a way that we'll never return to true security where such measures were unnecessary. This defeatist attitude only guarantees that that loss-of-liberty slippery slope goes one way: down. It won't even allow for the possibility of climbing back up the slide.

I'm confident that with just a little bit more courage we could have that secure, sensible country back again.

I agree with the sentiments of the author but the writing style sounds a bit contrived to me. It sounds like that strained rhetoric used in phishing scams.

On the other hand, TSA seems to be single-handedly uninventing Orville and Wilbur Write's invention. I never thought that would have been possible until now.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    All I can say is wow!

From Our Little Chatter Box Blog:

fake-- does not pass the smell test

lincoln8740 Guest

Also I was wondering if EL AL uses the same technique? Oh that's right they don't have to--they profile.

Way to go Libs--you protected the Arabs and now frank from the TSA has a thumb up your ass!!!!!

So ironic, it's almost sad.

There have been terrorists other than those who fill your stereotypic profile image. Profiling only makes the terrorists choose those who do not fit the profile to carry out their mission.

Blarf Guest

This story is dumb.

On the same topic, you know the terrorists won when all our airports have to change their security procedures because of the terrorists.

Oh well. If you aren't doing anything wrong than you wouldn't have a problem with people feeling your balls, or looking at them though a scanner.

Ravine Guest

Blarf, please tell me that my Sarcasm Alert System has malfunctioned, and that begging you to tell us that, with that final statement, you are being facetious is unnecessary and silly.

you know the terrorists won when all our airports have to change their security procedures because of the terrorists.

Doesn't anybody remember the whole "Fly me to Havana" craze of the 70s? Hell, the Cubanos were hijacking flights almost like they were scheduled flights to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    This story is dumb.

FOR REAL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast