Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 15 story hotel build in 48 hours!!!

OINK!!

Very impressive. The US used to be able to build one B-17 per hour and Liberty ships in as fast as 4 days, 15.5 hours during WWII. A couple of weeks ago, China showed off it's new super computer which is 47% faster than our fastest super computer.

China also used it's stimulus money to develop 9,100 miles of high speed rail lines by 2012.

Could never be done here, between unions, OSHA, EPA and other government agencies....we'd be lucky to get it done in 48 weeks.
    Although I am not sure I would want to be in a building that only took 48 hrs to build....especially in China.

Consider that:

1. All of the structural elements are prefabricated and on-site at the commencement of construction. It certainly takes time to design, detail, review and approve, fabricate, and fit-up the parts in the shop--all of which happened before construction began. That kind of time certainly affects the delivery schedule just as much as the work on site.

2. I count seven tower cranes on site--something you would *never* see for a project of this magnitude in the U.S.

Isn't it wonderful what spectacles you can create when you're not subject to the limitations of profitability imposed by a capitalist economy? </sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    ... Although I am not sure I would want to be in a building that only took 48 hrs to build....especially in China.
    'Zactly. You can bet it won't take 48 hours to fall down!

that is true and the other human factor if you get enough people working together anything is possible...but I wonder how much each worker made and the number of them it took to complete this... guess those extreme free market people applaud this and those whose belief in living wages were awed but saddened by this.