The Windsor Sports Scene
In Play Magazine
Story and photos
By David Clark

A local Mixed Martial Arts [[MMA) success story, Chucky Mady brings a significant amount of fighting experience to the table when it comes to performing at MMA competitions he participates in all over the world. His approach to the sport is highly entertaining; he is known for his highlight reel activities in the ring as well. “The Energiza Bunny” is a fan favourite almost everywhere he goes.

Mady is a 3rd degree black belt in Isshinryu Karate with a background in Kickboxing, Judo and Wrestling. He hails from Mady’s Martial Arts gym in Windsor, Ontario where he is instructed by his father, Grandmaster Albert Mady who is also a highly-regarded person in the discipline. According to Mady, “He’s been training me all my life; he taught me about getting mentally ready and to visualize myself winning.” The tale of the tape, Mady is a youthful 22 years of age at 5’7” and weighs in at 135 pounds. He is presently employed at a local beer store and a licensed establishment in Windsor, Ontario.

Mady got “The Energiza Bunny” nickname because he can go the distance in the ring due to his extraordinary level of cardio fitness. He is also extremely quick with a spin hook kick and a flurry of fists as his competitors will tell you.

In November 2008 at Shidokan, Philip Sehenuk of the United States was on the receiving end of one of those kicks, getting knocked out quickly in the third round by a very determined Mady. Like Canadian champion George St. Pierre of the Ultimate Fighting Championship [[UFC), Mady enjoys having strong Karate skills through his training in Isshinryu and St. Pierre’s discipline Kyokushin.

Story Continues...