Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Old vs. New DYES Forum User Names...

When we made the switch from the old forum to the new forum... many or most folks kept their old alias's. Some folks changed them and publicized their change [[such as Busterwmu announced that he is now Rocko)... and others have been mum on the subject.

Is outing someone who hasn't announced their name change "verboten" on the new forum?

Or if someone is suspected of being someone else [[such as Urbanize/Detroitrise) are we still permitted to make mention of it, like we were on the old forum?

Note: I know that using real names of posters is not allowed unless the poster themselves have outed themselves already.

But I'm just curious... today someone gave away their name change... in a very very sublte way that I caught, and likely most would not have noticed....

Just wondering...

I changed mine...har har...

THE PUNCTUATION IS DIFFERENT!

I changed mine; my old one was my first name, which is very uncommon. There is a policy at my work place, although not enforced to my knowledge, about sounding off on Web Forums. So I thought I better go with something more anonymous the second time around.

I do all my lurking and posting from work!

Maxine is not my real name, but I wouldn't be surprised that they could track me down if they wanted to.

So be it.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    I changed mine; my old one was my first name, which is very uncommon. There is a policy at my work place, although not enforced to my knowledge, about sounding off on Web Forums. So I thought I better go with something more anonymous the second time around.
    Maybe I should think about changing mine. I don't think I work with anyone else named Bear Inabox.

Ravine Guest

Gistok, you asked if "outing" someone using a different name was "verboten."
    I doubt that there is a specific rule covering that issue, but I would like to think that even the most elementary senses of manners and respect for others' business would automatically rule out doing something so abhorrent and graceless.
    But then, what the fuck do I know about manners and grace.

LOL... thanks Ravine.... and thanks for making me think twice about not stooping to "Ravine's level"....

I'm kiddin'!

Ravine Guest

Yeah. A real knee-slapper, that was.

What about calling out people who were banned from the old forum for vile behavior and are now here under a new name? kosher?

Shhhh... Don't tell them but I'm really Miss Cleo.

Time to consult the Book of Armaments chapter 2 versus 9-21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

12. Default

I changed mine from AIW to Andrew in Windsor.

Default Was...Is

I was naturalsister and I am now JenJamesBeauty - closer to the name of my business and hint at what I do [[make-up artist for film, TV, fashion, beauty, bridal and consumer.)

www.jenniferjamesbeauty.com
    www.jenjamesbeauty.wordpress.com
    www.twitter.com/jenjamesbeauty
    www.jenniferjamesbeauty.blogspot.com

I was a lurker before. Was just getting ready to join when the new forum came up.

Some of you still scare me a little, but I'm getting braver everyday!

Dear G. Istok,

For your records.

Please let it be known that I changed my nom de clavier on DetroitYes from "East_detroit" to "East Detroit."

Thank you and kind regards.

East Detroit

PS. Maxine1958 scares me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    PS. Maxine1958 scares me a little.
    Don't be scared of me East Detroit.

Although, I admit I have scared - and scarred - some people.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Dear G. Istok,

For your records.

Please let it be known that I changed my nom de clavier on DetroitYes from "East_detroit" to "East Detroit.
    East... what's your point[[e)?