Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Local Women Stuck On Cruise Ship

Wow--I'm friends with one of them. Can't wait for THIS story when she returns!
    http://wwj.cbslocal.com/2010/11/10/d...n-cruise-ship/

"The Navy has been dropping non-perishable food supplies to those on board, including SPAM and Pop Tarts."

Mmmm... Spam and Pop Tarts.... That should keep them going for awhile.

Glad all the passengers are ok.

Hope too the cruise line's insurance is paid up.

Wow even without power or Internet access they still get inundated with spam. Things really have gone down hill

Gotta love some of those clueless comments on the News site.... someone mentioned taking the next ship [[thus pissing off an additional 3000) and sending it empty to pick up the passengers from this "adrift and powerless" ship.... gee I guess the thought of 2 ships parked next to each other, with the powerless one banging into the other on the high seas doesn't ring any warning bells...

It was 1958 and we were just married. Honeymoon was to be in the Upper Peninsula around Munising, but we had a freebie to take the Milwaukee Clipper ferry across Lake Michigan from Muskegon to Milwaukee. So we drove the car aboard on our way through WI and on to the upper.

I got seasick as a bitch on that friggin' ferry boat, and I swore to God I would never get on a boat [[or friggin' SHIP, as you sailor people like to say) again.

They're all boats. The Titanic was a boat. The USS Ronald Reagan is a boat. So there.

woodwardboy Guest

never leave home without your fishin gear