Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Marco Rubio - ConspiracyTheory

Marco Rubio is a compelling, energetic, good looking and well spoken young Republican. He has been called the "Barack Obama" of the Republican party. Both men are capable to rallying voters to thier causes. An Obama-Rubio Presidential race would be legendary : A Black man versus a Cuban man for the highest office in the land. Never before have two minorities been nominated and gone head to head.

Many believe that Rubio, a strong "Conservative" with a gift of motivational speaking, could lead the party to victory in '12.

Newly elected Senator Rubio of Florida may have been poised for this at the expense of Charlie Crist's career. Crist was defeated by Rubio in the primary, but Crist went independant and stayed in the race. In doing so, he split the Democrat vote and practically guaranteed Rubio a victory.

It was rumored that Bill Clinton tried to persuade the Democrat candidate to drop out of the race, but then both Clinton and Meek both denied it. Clinton and the Democrats may have seen what was going on here - Crist was kept in the race, with a good chunk of Republican dollars. Then, in the last couple of weeks before Nov 2nd, Republican dollars began flowing to Meek, the Democrat candidate.

Did Crist go independant and stayed in the race because he was told to, in order to split the Democrat vote and ensure a Rubio victory? Are the behind the scenes power people setting up Rubio for '12?
    These are the kinds of antics that are pulled to get chosen people into the right places.

I am thinking yes. But only time will tell for sure.

I know Florida's politics are not front and center for Michigan folks, but once Rubio gets the Republican nomination and goes head to head against Obama, it will be everyone's business.

For the Florida Senate Seat, Republican Marco Rubio has clearly defeated both Independent candidate, and Governor, Charlie Crist, as well as Democratic candidate Kendrick Meek. With 90% of the vote counted in Florida, Rubio garnered 49% of them, while Crist had 30%, and Meek 20%
    http://thenewsoftoday.com/florida-el...s-senate/4672/

They said all that about Bobby Jindal, too, how he was the rising star, and a good bet for presidential run in the future. He hasn't weathered so well in office, but everyone has their row to hoe. Time will tell about Rubio.

LDoolan Guest

Crist caught all kinds of hell for his flip flopping on issues, that's one of the reasons he went NPA.

I'm inclined to believe another reason he went NPA was to help Rubio win the election. On election night, all the chatter was about Rubio running for a bigger office, evidently he already has his eye on a bigger office.

Marco Rubio is a secret Communist who was born in Cuba! I want to see his birth certificate!

And Rubio, at least, would show it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    And Rubio, at least, would show it to you.

And your gullible enough to think our president hasn't?

That's ok, some folks believe America never went to the moon as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Marco Rubio is a secret Communist who was born in Cuba! I want to see his birth certificate!
    Me too.....!

Rubio is most likely a Buddhist or Hindu too. I'd have to hear him swear allegiance to the US on a stack of bibles before I'd believe he's not an avowed enemy of christianity.

Good idea! All candidates for federal office could be required to provide origianl birth certificates. Don't let Rubio get by with some internet copy of a certificate of live birth.

Who knew the normally coldly rational Oladub was a birther?

Let's just say, the hospital, the state of Hawaii, the branches of US government are all satisfied with the proofs. The so-called "internet copy" does have its basis in an original or a certified copy. Sadly, an original cannot be provided to every crackpot in the country who remains unsatisfied with facts that do not serve their purpose.

I don't have an original of my birth certificate, either. It's one of those copies they used to make back in the day before xerox.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Who knew the normally coldly rational Oladub was a birther?

Let's just say, the hospital, the state of Hawaii, the branches of US government are all satisfied with the proofs. The so-called "internet copy" does have its basis in an original or a certified copy. Sadly, an original cannot be provided to every crackpot in the country who remains unsatisfied with facts that do not serve their purpose.

I don't have an original of my birth certificate, either. It's one of those copies they used to make back in the day before xerox.
    I assume that Obama was born in Hawaii but there is a difference between assuming something and certainty. I'm somewhere between a birther and a believer. I don't, for instance, know which Hawaiian hospital little Barack was born in. Which hospital are you referring to that was satisfied? Do you have a reference? Hawaii does seem satisfied as you say. In fact, at least two Hawaiian bureaucrats have stated that Hawaii does indeed possess an original birth certificate which, for whatever reasons, the President chooses not to share with either crackpots [[ a dismissive term also used to describe followers of Galileo's nutty ideas) or the mainstream press.

Except for some claims made by the President's African relatives and a couple of Kenyan bureaucrats, there is simply no suggestion or evidence that the President was born anywhere but at one of two hospitals in Hawaii. I am more inclined to take the word of Hawaiian bureaucrats, Obama's, and his half-sister's.

I think the matter is too disruptive to interfere with his present term in office but I see nothing wrong with individual states and/or the federal government requiring anyone running for office to prove that they meet the standards required to run for that office before being put on a ballot. The FBI, or some other federal agency, could be charged with vetting candidates for federal office but that would have to be a federal decision. I don't think the vetting process need be any more thorough than postal employees have to go through. Rubio should go through the same process of course.

Also, while on the subject, the definition of 'natural born' should be nailed down. It used to mean born in the US but more recently some have broadened the definition to include US territories [[think McCain), on US Service bases or the child of a US service person born anywhere, or any child born to any of age US woman anywhere.

When I was in Civics class back in the dark ages, we learned that a citizen was one born within the boundaries of the US or one of its territories, or to any married US citizen traveling or residing abroad. The citizen mother can be married to a US citizen or a citizen of another country. The birth must be reported the US as soon as possible.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...rth_abroad.htm
    http://www.americanlaw.com/citborn.html

We have natural born citizens in Puerto Rico, the Northern Marianas Islands, Virgin Islands, Guam who vote in our national elections.

Even if Obama were born in Kenya, his mother was a US citizen married to his father, which would have conveyed US citizenship on the baby.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; November-14-10 at 11:57 AM.

I have no serious doubts that Obama was born in the US, but I am curious as to why he simply didn't produce, or allow the state to produce, his birth certificate. I suspect it's because he was born only 5-6 months after his parents marriage and he might be uncomfortable with that [[being pregnant before marriage did carry a social stigma in 1961 and perhaps that affected his family who already opposed the marriage). Perhaps it's because there is some evidence that Obama's father was married to an African woman when he married Obama's mother.

Who knows?

Who cares? Either way, he is a citizen.

gazhekwe:
    "When I was in Civics class back in the dark ages, we learned that a citizen was one born within the boundaries of the US or one of its territories, or to any married US citizen traveling or residing abroad.

The citizen mother can be married to a US citizen or a citizen of another country. The birth must be reported the US as soon as possible.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...rth_abroad.htm
    http://www.americanlaw.com/citborn.html

We have natural born citizens in Puerto Rico, the Northern Marianas Islands, Virgin Islands, Guam who vote in our national elections."
    Your first link only says that a child born overseas to an American mother is a citizen by statute law. It does not say a natural born citizen. Your second link says that a 1940 law grants citizenship to American's children born in certain US territories but also doesn't address the definition of 'natural born'. A 'natural born' citizen is by definition a different than 'naturalized' citizen. Different words mean different things.

I looked this up. It was McCain's claim to being a presidential candidate. The Constitution does grant Congress the right to flesh out but not contradict the Constitution.
    McCain is a natural-born citizen under 8 USC 1401[[c): "a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person." Not everyone agrees that this section includes McCain — but absent a court ruling either way, we must presume citizenship.
    http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html
    Even if Obama were born in Kenya, his mother was a US citizen married to his father, which would have conveyed US citizenship on the baby.
    I lean toward believing that Obama was born in the US which would make him a US citizen partly because I want to believe those Hawaiian bureaucrats you mentioned. However, if he was born in Kenya as birthers believe, he would not be a 'natural born' American under the traditional definition of ''natural born' and since his mother was a minor at the time, she would have been unable to convey her citizenship under US law as it existed at that time.

Back to Rubio. Under present US law, Rubio seems to be a dual citizen of Cuba and the US.

Neither the Constitution nor the additional laws specify a difference between citizens born in Guam or some other territory and a US citizen. Natural born does not mean born within the boundaries of the US, it means the person is a citizen from birth. That includes. This includes citizens born to citizen parents abroad, and people born in countries under US jurisdiction.

Please cite where a minor parent cannot convey citizenship.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

• Anyone born inside the United States *
    • Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
    • Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
    • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
    • Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
    • Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
    • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years [[with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
    • A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

Instead of taking a trip to Israel to get his orders, Rubio needs to either travel around his own damn state and see the current problems. IF he does go abroad, he should be visiting the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Of all the despicable creatures in the world, a Florida Republican is truly the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Rubio is most likely a Buddhist or Hindu too. I'd have to hear him swear allegiance to the US on a stack of bibles before I'd believe he's not an avowed enemy of christianity.
    ... no he's Baptist.... odd for a Latino...

... that would mean he's not exactly Supreme Court material....

Gaz, In your post # 10 , you suggested that Obama's hospital was satisfied with the proofs. Not knowing which hospital our President was born in, I inquired in post #11, “Which hospital are you referring to that was satisfied? Do you have a reference?” So far you have not answered those questions. I will, however, endeavor to answer yours.

You have stated as a fact that Obama was born in a Hawaiian hospital. So why would you be so concerned about the law as written, regarding foreign births, when our President was born? Hawaiian Health officials, as a matter of unsworn record, have stated they have Obama's original long-form birth certificate, but cannot publish it without authorization from Pres. Obama to do so.

The 14th Amendment uses the term, “"All persons born or naturalized in the United States...”. Citizens who are born in Guam or inherit their parent's US citizenship although born abroad are obviously not born in the US so they are automatically naturalized. Again, there is a difference between the term 'natural born citizen' and 'naturalized citizen'. They both are voting citizens but only one category is allowed to become president.

I don't know why Obama is playing games. Barack Obama is the only person who can put an end to this discussion with just one simple phone call, but so far he has refused to do so. The other option is for state and/or the federal government to vet the candidates.

For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true :
    1) One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person in question was born
    2) The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth;
    3) A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ationality_law

For fun, let's pretend that little Barack Junior was born in, say, 1961 Kenya. [[1) The Obama Mama was a US citizen [[2) She lived in the US for almost all of her 18 years. [[3) However, she had not lived in the US for five years after her 14th birthday so no banana. Stanley was only 18. Besides, this comes under the category of naturalized citizens rather than natural born citizens.

You're the one who was concerned about his possible foreign birth, not me. I was just poking a pin in your hot air balloon. Kenya or Hawaii, it makes no difference, since his mother was a citizen. This comes under the category of natural born citizen, which means citizen from birth. It does include those born in other places under the proscribed circumstances. The idea that he would be ineligible because he was born less than five years after his mother's 16th birthday is ludicrous. She was a US resident her whole life, and if she were visiting Kenya and had him there, that could be found sufficient if challenged in court. I guess we shall see if the court would find that necessary, or finds he was born in Hawaii.

Per Snopes:

This image of the actual Barack Obama birth certificate was made available on the internet by the Obama campaign in 2008:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ertificate.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp
    Last edited by gazhekwe; November-14-10 at 09:43 PM.

do you really think his mother's family would have not been privy to where he was born..and some distant cousin would have come out by now... or do you think the FBI CIA and others would have found this little bit of intel during his race for president? Maybe he wont lower himself to the level [[not you papa) of the birthers...

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    You're the one who was concerned about his possible foreign birth, not me. I was just poking a pin in your hot air balloon. Kenya or Hawaii, it makes no difference, since his mother was a citizen.
    You asked me to "Please cite where a minor parent cannot convey citizenship."
    I did but you still seem unable to name the hospital he was born in which you referred to in post #10. Extra credit for citing a link naming the doctor who delivered our President. That stuff usually shows up on birth certificates but there must be other evidence; the memories of retired shepherds in a nursing home or soemthing.

I'm a skeptical agnostic in this matter somewhere between a birther and a believer. You, I suspect, are a believer. If birthers can't prove Obama was born in Kenya, then they too are believers.

Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children

And you did not cite anything that said an 18 year old could not convey her citizenship.

But, that's OK, I am tired of your little game so I will just take my pegs and go home.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; November-14-10 at 09:55 PM.

gdogslim Guest

Now the Republican know who to vote for.
    Marco Rubio.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast