Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Scrappers at DPS

No real news here but an article in the Detroit News about the scrapping problem at DPS. Who do ya'all think should be done to stop it?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...from-DPS-sites

I drove by Cooley the other day and it looks like it used to on the weekends. Things seemed secure, windows were intact, no vandalism...I was actually impressed. I had prepared myself for a Mackenzie type sight but found quite the opposite. I don't know what they can do with the buildings that are already vandalized other than tear them down. Seems that would be the only way to get rid of that blight in the neighborhoods.

Over here in SW District, copper scrappers caught in the act at site of Earhart school by admission of the Commander. They are removed from the site to strike again. Obviously not a city priority to catch scrappers. Maybe why Detroit scrappers are so proficient & diligent at destroying our building stock.