Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What are you watching on TV, whats good?

I watch most of my entertainment on my laptop so I dont get to surf. Im curious what you all think is good and why.

Im currently watching Sons of Anarchy. While its pretty hokey and lost a lot of its flavor I like watching the characters develop and sub-plot stories be told.

I also just watched the second episode of The Walking Dead which is pretty well done. The graphic blood is, well, graphic but the story is intense so far.

Breaking Bad, cant wait till next season. Crank cooking chem teacher, LOL.

Boardwalk Empire. I love the ATF guy, or whatever we called em back then.

Waddya got? What am I missing?

LDoolan Guest

I used to watch SOA quite a bit, but have lost interest past 2 seasons.

Alot of times I watch old shows like Sanford & Son or Green Acres. I get a kick out of Mr. Haney, always hustling scrap & junk.

I too watch most of my shows on the computer- when the TV laid an egg I never replaced it.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/sunny/

If you want some laughs, check this out...very funny

East bound and Down. and of course Always Sunny in Philly.

Boardwalk Empire is my current favorite.

Hah! LOL! I am watching nothing, despite working around the clock many day I had my Comcast turned off [[due to costs) so now I have only my DVDs as I don't have the special antenna/ or boxes on my TVs. Look forward to joining the world of cable TV once again ------

I miss the news channels though I get new other places...... [[sniffle-sniffle)

Quote Originally Posted by LDoolan View Post
    Alot of times I watch old shows like Sanford & Son or Green Acres. I get a kick out of Mr. Haney, always hustling scrap & junk.
    IMO GA had the funniest cast of any sitcom.
    Great comedy writing on that show.

Community is the only scripted show I watch, it's pretty goofy. Other than that, sports and Hell's Kitchen right now. And Jeopardy, yeah, definitely Jeopardy.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/

I don't have cable but they post the episodes online a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    IMO [Green Acres] had the funniest cast of any sitcom.
    Great comedy writing on that show.
    What's even funnier is when you find yourself playing the role of Oliver Wendell Douglas in real life.

It's disturbing how often that happens.

but when it happens in Detroit, the country came to the city folk.

Absolutely astonished nobody mentioned Glee.

I started watching The Walking Dead last night. I likey!

now that it is on broadcast, I am getting in to Burn Notice

Third episode last night of The Walking Dead was again kickass.

http://veehd.com/search?q=the+walking+dead

Ive been watching The Office reruns on Netflix. I loved the one scene where Jim dresses up and acts like Dwight. "Identity Theft is a serious matter"

I dont understand how some ppl can watch the show Two and a Half Men anymore. How crapily contrived, although I do admit it was funny for a minute in the beginning. I like Charlie Sheen as a person and I kind of feel sorry for Ducky but the lines their given are just too rat a tat tat followed by a laugh track.

This thread isnt going anywhere, maybe we should complain about crappy tv. Would that be more fun? Although with all the reality TV Im not sure if Lowells server is powerful enough to handle the "load"

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I dont understand how some ppl can watch the show Two and a Half Men
    I understand opinions are subjective, different people like different things, but quite honestly, anybody who finds that show funny has to be a fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post

Ive been watching The Office reruns on Netflix. I loved the one scene where Jim dresses up and acts like Dwight. "Identity Theft is a serious matter"

I dont understand how some ppl can watch the show Two and a Half Men anymore. How crapily contrived, although I do admit it was funny for a minute in the beginning.
    I don't see how anyone can watch the office. it is the most singularly un-funny sitcom i've ever tried to watch. not a single character I would ever find sympathetic [[same is true of seinfeld, but at least THEY were funny!). Don't care much for two and a half either. actually, the whole sitcom universe seems to be dead.

There is nothing on TV that makes me make sure I watch it every week. The TV is my very last resort if there's absolutely nothing else to do and I feel like being entertained.

2.5 Men is painful to watch. Nothing redeeming in it at all. My brain cells shriek in agony if I take a peek at it for a minute. The funny thing is, Charlie Sheen doesn't even have to act on that show.

The Office took me one or two episodes to "get it" and is one of my favorites, although some episodes seem very formulaic [[similar to how Seinfeld got in the end).

The only other comedy that actually makes me laugh is 30 Rock. Not perfect, but better than 99% of the cookie cutter crap the networks belch out.

Blarf Guest

That show Weeds is really good.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Nov. 18, 2010 Jon Stewart does Glen Beck

Lewis Black's take on airport scanners.
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...---nanny-state
    Last edited by maxx; November-22-10 at 06:24 PM.

Breaking Bad is definitely an excellent show. Another I LOVE that's been cancelled for a few years is The Wire. I can still watch re runs of that over and over and it never ceases to amaze me.

I've heard good things about Modern Family as well, but haven't had a chance to watch an episode.

Nothing really, other than the FOX animations on Sundays, South Park, Judge Judy and occasionally reruns of old sitcoms [[namely Laverne & Shirley and Golden Girls).

Great news is "The Game" returns January 11th on BET!!!

Django, thanks or the link. The Walking Dead is a great show. But why, oh why do people use or convert to Divx? It is always buffering. I can't stand it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast