Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default L.A.’s Mystery ‘Missile’ Is Probably a Jet

From Wired.com: L.A.’s Mystery ‘Missile’ Is Probably a Jet
    “The aircraft is flying towards the observer; the air over the Pacific is clear, so the contrail is visible all the way to the horizon. This creates the optical illusion of a rocket flying up, rather than the actual situation of an airplane flying horizontally,” Pike tells Danger Room. “The object generating the contrail is moving too slowly to be a rocket; the contrail is not expanding as the ‘rocket’ gains ‘altitude’ — which would be the case as the exhaust plume expanding into less dense high altitude air.”
    It doesn't look like an airplane to me in that video. There's a bright light at the top of the contrail. It doesn't look like a jet either. I've seen White Sands rockets from Phoenix that looked just like that, squiggly tail and all.

Pretty anemic spin job there, guys.

This creates the optical illusion of a rocket flying up
    Roswell was an air balloon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUlCBY-K9A8
    The object over Los Angeles that the Army's 37th Coast Artillery Brigade shelled with anti aircraft guns must have been something else, too.
    http://ufos.about.com/od/bestufocase...ngeles1942.htm

Papasito's tip of the day: Don't always believe what the Government tells the sheeple.

Cue Gannon in....

Love that he got a very similar picture the next day!

Obviously, very fast moving swamp gas. Or could be some party balloons. Or maybe a flock of birds on fire.

I have never seen contrails like that living on the coast, or serving on a ship with surface to air, and surface to surface missiles. We need a better explanation.

Let me ask this question... are the skys around Romulus near DTW littered with this type of contrail? If not, why does this "supposed" airliner contrail [[from LAX?) look so much different from other airlines... that it should suddenly be so newsworthy??

And if you look at the video.... you see a bright light coming out of the end of the object.... funny I've never EVER seen an airliner with a bright light coming out of the engine exhaust....

I think this was a secret missile... it may have been a not so subtle way to warn North Korea prior to the G20 summit in Seoul South Korea this week.
    Last edited by Gistok; November-10-10 at 03:35 PM.

If that was a plane it was in dire straits by the looks of that obvious light/sparks/whatever coming out the end of it . It could be what Gistok says , but if its true that radar didn't detect it , that could rule out a warning shot for North Korea , plus I don't think we do warning shots . Stealth missle technology ? hmmmmm ....... time to get Dana Scully & Fox Muldur out of retirement

Sun reflecting off of it. That's why it appears to be alight in some photos and not in others.

CAPTAIN: You IDIOT! I said it was time for LUNCH, not LAUNCH! Well, let's begin the cover-up.

One would think it would be an easy task for air traffic controllers to identify aircraft at that time and area . Was the area of this event in the normal flight [[assigned) path for that day and time ? If so , it should be easy to narrow it down to 1 or 2 aircraft .

It was the Hollywood Hit Squad attacking Randy Quaid.