Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Building Facade next to Rub Pub-Whats with it?

My girlfriend and I tried Rub this saturday-which was delicious-and I noticed the building next door with what first appeared to be scaffolding. It was actually a metal frame supporting the facade of the building and the rear was gone. Are they saving it or was it temporary to prevent it from falling into the street during demo?
    Again Rub was awesome! And seen some guy trying the 4lb burrito which was abnoxious!

That's the facade of the former Fine Arts Building. The property is owned by Mike Ilitch and is being help for "future development" with plans to reuse the facade.

The Fine Arts Building used to also house the once beautiful Adams Theater too, and why Illitch tore this down still beats me

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    The Fine Arts Building used to also house the once beautiful Adams Theater too, and why Illitch tore this down still beats me

The Adams was not in the Fine Arts building, it was across the alley from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    The Adams was not in the Fine Arts building, it was across the alley from it.
    Well, the entrance and lobby of the Adams were in the Fine Arts building. The actual theater was across the alley.

www.buildingsofdetroit.com/places/adams

No clear plan for re-use, though. And the Ilitch organization would not return calls for comment.

http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detr...0/Saving-Face/

For those who may not have seen this, here's a picture.

http://fromthekage.blogspot.com/2009...erved-for.html

My girlfriend and I tried Rub this saturday
    This isn't that kind of forum.

A few more photos of the Fine Arts facade, taken on 7/14/2010.
    Attachment 7766

Attachment 7767

Attachment 7768

Johnlodge-HAAA

Looking back another thought is hoping that thing is damn strong! With the wind storms we've had the past couple summers I wouldn't feel comfortable standing around it during them!