Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Ansonia Hotel

Default Ansonia Hotel

This may be old news but it looks like an Illich purchase, this is along with the other hotel one lot North and the American Hotel one street over. A few years ago, I talked to the guy who owned the Ansonia. He was some foreign guy, planning on transforming the place into lofts. Then the building had a small fire and all worked stopped. Anyway, they've been concrete blocking up the windows. Probablly be torn down for parking. The guy that owners the Temple Hotel told me he wasn't happy with Illich's offer so he's still in business, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    This may be old news but it looks like an Illich purchase, this is along with the other hotel one lot North and the American Hotel one street over. A few years ago, I talked to the guy who owned the Ansonia. He was some foreign guy, planning on transforming the place into lofts. Then the building had a small fire and all worked stopped. Anyway, they've been concrete blocking up the windows. Probablly be torn down for parking. The guy that owners the Temple Hotel told me he wasn't happy with Illich's offer so he's still in business, for now.
    Was it actually Ilitch or a mystery person representing a person who we have no clue about?

I am actually starting to wonder if all of the land that has been bought in the Cass Corridor is actually being bought by Ilitch or one of his agents. Nearly every property sold to Ilitch eventually comes out as an Ilitch purchase. I.e., Carl's Chop House, etc. The former owner of Carl's recently said that he sold to Ilitch, and if it were like all of the other ones in the area, there would have been a confidentiality agreement keeping him from talking. Just my two cents, but somehow I don't think this is all Ilitch. I think there may be something else bigger in the works in addition to the new arena. With all of sales in the area under confidentiality agreements, i.e. Eddystone Hotel, the registered agents are out of Lansing... so that itself doesn't exactly scream Ilitch. Again, just my two cents, but time will tell what actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Illitch has NOT bought the American Hotel/Hotel Fort Wayne. He has bought other property throughout the corridor and The American purchase has been rumors. The Eddystone is fact. That is why the Eddystone is bricked up, and I guess thats why The Ansonia and The Atlanta are also being bricked up.

I saw them bricking up those 2 apartments buildings recently, I meant to post about it on here. I'll upload my pictures later.