Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Blarf Guest

Default Slow news day in Detroit?

Saw this on Freep.com.

Umm, ok? Was there something historically significant about this house or something? I'm confused on why this would be in the newspaper.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010110...e-Detroit-home

lilpup Guest

A suspicious fire when two elderly people were at home...did you miss that part?

Blarf Guest

No.

Suspicious fires in Detroit must be a rare thing, I guess.

They burnt her sh*t down......

The story is about knowing not to , under any circumstance , help anyone , EVER

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    No.

Suspicious fires in Detroit must be a rare thing, I guess.
    Suspicious fires while someone is home, particularly when that someone is elderly, IS rare, even in Detroit.

At first, the house was thought to be a group home, as described by the people inside. And if it's one licensed by the state, there are rules...including don't leave people unattended.

As it turned out, the homeowner had tenants--and a care-giver stops by daily, but it is not officially a group home.