Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default I wonder if the Fox in Detroit can become a dream come true.

Lexington's Lyric Theatre and Cultural Center ..
    I remember reading all the time how they was gonna rebuild this old run down theatre so many years ago. Now it became a dream come true for all the people to enjoy. I'm glad they saved this old building,,and it is a part of the dark past when theaters were segregated,,,you was white you went to the Ben Ali ,,,that was torn down so many years ago,1965,or the Kentucky Theatre that been restored on main street in Lexington...http://www.kentuckytheater.com/about...tucky-theater/
    The Lyric was on the east side of Lexington for black residents when other theaters were segregated, before the civil rights movement.Alot of Motown sounds came to the Lyric...But all in all..
    She's a beauty....Alot of history behind it....I was thinkin of the Fox up in Detroit when I opened the page up on the newpaper down here and showed how they saved and made this building into something we all can enjoy..Some people thought it was a waste of money,,no,,,never can and will be in my eyes....So much history , and thank God so much haved changed..... I just wanted to share and hope you all enjoy...
    http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/29/1...ents_Container

The pics. from the newspaper...
    http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/30/1...filiate.79.jpg

I'm not sure what your thread title implies about the Detroit Fox....

It's already completely restored, and is the top grossing [[attendance) theatre [[5,174 seats) in the country [[and all of North America), surpassing even the larger Radio City Music Hall in NYC [[5,888 seats).

Th KY. theatre is terrific. Nice it was restored Like the FOX was. People doubted it too. The thread title is a bit confusing, but Im glad you posted the link.

I love the lobby glass ceiling dome of the Lyric!

It looks like when they restored the auditorium, they didn't reproduce the original stained glass dome, but made it as solid segmented surface.

Default I'm sorry all...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I'm not sure what your thread title implies about the Detroit Fox....

It's already completely restored, and is the top grossing [[attendance) theatre [[5,174 seats) in the country [[and all of North America), surpassing even the larger Radio City Music Hall in NYC [[5,888 seats).
    I ment the UA theatre. I dont know how I got them confused,,guess workin to many hours on the night shift. Yes the Fox in Detroit is a beauty as well! I enjoy seein pic. of it on here and maybe oneday I can see it inperson.

Off to bed for me and have a great weekend all!!!