Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default GSCC 3rd Annual Holiday Dinner

On Saturday, December 18th, the
    Georgia Street Community Collective
    will be holding its
    3rd AnnualHoliday Dinner.

We will begin serving at 4:00 p.m. and continue until approximately 7:00 p.m. This year's dinner will be held in our newly refurbished Community Room.

Obviously cash donations are appreciated to defray the cost of purchasing what is not donated, but in addition,
    we are asking for donations of the following:

Turkeys, cooked and carved if possible, but we can cook them too
    Ham, cooked and sliced if possible, but we can cook this too
    Turkey Gravy
    Stuffing
    Mashed Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Macaroni & Cheese
    Corn or Green Beans or other vegetable
    Rolls and Butter
    Pumpkin Pies or Other Desserts
    Beverages [[coffee, juice boxes, pop, bottled water)
    Paper and Plastic Products

Please visit our website for more information
    www.georgiastreetcc.com

To donate through Paypal, please visit our blog:
    http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot

Again, we know that most Metro Detroiters are struggling this year, including the members of GSCC. We hope that you can find it in your heart to help us with this very important event, even if it's just to give your time to help us prepare, serve and clean-up.

Thank you again for your continuing support of
    our efforts to improve our community and
    help those who are in need.

This is will our first Holiday Dinner in our own building....please help us make it a great event!

LodgeDodger Guest

How many pumpkin pies do you think you'll need?

LD..we usually feed about 100 people. But we will have other desserts as well. I'm guessing at least 8.

Thursday morning bump

Can you put us down for one turkey [[cooked and carved) and a slow cooker full of squash?

You are on the list, Crystal...and thank you soooooo much!

Saturday Morning Bump!

Thank you to the DYes forumers who have donated so far. If you haven't, please try to find it in your heart to help us out.

Blueidone, when I click the above for the paypal link I got a bad gateway page. I was able to get there from the other link though, just though I wouldd let you know.

Thanks EP...will try to fix....

Geeeez....guess I was having a bad day when I posted that...it should be:

http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot.com

Thanks again, EP!!

As you are doing your Thanksgiving shopping or even your regular grocery shopping afterwards, watch for some sales and perhaps you could pick up a couple of items to donate to the GSCC Holiday Dinner. Check the list on our website for what is needed before you make up your shopping list.

Just as a reminder, everyone is welcome to join us for the dinner. Please come and see what GSCC is all about and the progress we have made over the last year.

Thursday evening bump

Only 9 days to go...Please come by on December 18th between 4:00pm and 7:00pm and see the progress on the Community Center. Everyone is welcome! We just ask that you please let us know you are coming so we make sure to have enough food for everyone. You can RSVP here or e-mail us at georgiast313@yahoo.com.

Hope to see you there! Happy Holidays!

Bump! 8 days to go!

Only 4 days left...thanks to all those who have donated! Whether you donated or not, we hope to see you there on Saturday between 4:00pm and 7:00pm.