Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Jordan's

Default Jordan's

Anybody remember Jordan's at Fenkell and Grand River? I think it was a nice bar and the steak sandwiches were outstanding.

That building is now a cell phone dealer, which also is a "check cashing" place.

I had a number of friends in Rosedale back in the old days, some of whom were regulars at Jordan's [["on the River"), so I spent some time in there. The under-dressed waitress was a trip, and the burgers, steak sandwiches, beer and company were great.

The memory was foggy may have been the barmaid which was the initial attractant. Do you recall the owners name?

I spent my 21st birthday at Jordon's on the River. I can remember drinking french kamakazees by the jigger and some drink with tequilla and hot sauce. I did not feel too good the next day!

I loved Jordans, those red banquettes.

For me it would have been 1971-1972. That and the Robin Hood on Livernois. And as a third the bar at Varsity Lanes. Both the "Hood" and Varsity were near my workplace. Can't remember what the original attraction was at Jordan's as I lived in Novi at the time and had no reason to go to that area. Found out that they didn't check ID very much, so until drinking age became 18 later in the year it was a place to take dates.

I spent many a lunch hour at Jordan's on the river, the food was always great and we used to have a beer or four. After it closed we took our business to Walsh's pub near Evergreen.