Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Combined Downtown Events Calendar

Hey everyone, I recently moved into the CBD and was wondering if there was an all-in-one resource calendar that lists all the events at the Stadia, Opera House, Cobo, Music Hall, outdoor fests, and other event venues downtown. The idea is that I'm trying to compile a calendar that will tell me when entering/leaving downtown might be a bad idea. Not to mention it would be nice to have all the city events on one calendar. Anything like that out there?
    Last edited by Gsgeorge; November-04-10 at 03:43 PM.

shameless bumping, anyone know?

try digdowntown.com.

visitdetroit.com might have something

Dig Downtown's event listing is great. Never knew that website was out there. Good for visitors!

It's kind of new. But yeah, a great website promoting Detroit.

While not specializing in downtown in particular, the MetroTimes is the best there is in listings of the established and the offbeat.

The People Mover provides a compiled list of events at stations. I picked one up at the Michigan station yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    The idea is that I'm trying to compile a calendar that will tell me when entering/leaving downtown might be a bad idea.
    Well, I will say that for me, America's Thanksgiving Day Parade is BY FAR - THE WORST time to try and get in or out of downtown. I was stuck trying to get out of my building for well over an hour last year crammed in the congestion. Other than November 25th, I haven't really had too many problems. If you live right by the stadiums or near the intersection of Brush and Monroe, then, basically any game or big event that draws a crowd can cause traffic headaches. Welcome to downtown, neighbor!

Shamless promotion -- http://events.detnews.com has a lot of event listings and you can browse by location, type of event, day, etc. There are maps that show what else is around, even some restaurant reviews and direct links to buy tickets for some events. It's powered by The Detroit News, but anyone can list an event, so there are a lot of different items. It's worth checking out, and it's also a good tool if you are looking to promote an event.