Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Now you get mad?

After The 8 Years Of The Bush/Cheney Disaster, Now You Get Mad?

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate Energy policy and push us to invade Iraq .

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 800 billion [[and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn't get mad when Bush borrowed more money from foreign sources than the previous 42 Presidents combined.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars in cash just disappeared in Iraq .

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when Bush embraced trade and outsourcing policies that shipped 6 million American jobs out of the country.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.

You didn't get mad when Bush rang up 10 trillion dollars in combined budget and current account deficits.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city, New Orleans , drown.

You didn't get mad when we gave people who had more money than they could spend, the filthy rich, over a trillion dollars in tax breaks.

You didn't get mad with the worst 8 years of job creations in several decades.

You didn't get mad when over 200,000 US Citizens lost their lives because they had no health insurance.

You didn't get mad when lack of oversight and regulations from the Bush Administration caused US Citizens to lose 12 trillion dollars in investments, retirement, and home values.

You finally got mad when a black man was elected President and decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick.

Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, job losses by the millions, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, and the worst economic disaster since 1929 are all okay with you, but helping fellow Americans who are sick...Oh, Hell No!!

Whats up with y'all??

no, not really, but thanks for asking.

You make good points. The Tea Partiers' way of thinking is hypocritical.
    Last edited by ASR89; November-03-10 at 10:53 PM.

woodwardboy Guest

Well, Obama hasnt closed down the torture bases, hasnt ended the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan.
    Nor has he used his commander in chief status to end "dont ask dont tell."
    Job loses have increased
    China has bought more US debt.
    Federal prosecutions for marijuana possessions have increased.
    Deportations of illegals have increased.
    White folk, black folk, rich folk, poor folk, mexican folk, gay folk are all doing worse...
    The policies of GW continue under Obama.....

Default Mad?

You are absolutely right kraig with your observations.
    8 disastrous years under Bush and everyone expects Obama to work miracles and pull us out from under it in no time when it will realistically take a decade or more to recover.
    To me, it seems thay just can't stand to see a smart black man as president and all the republicans care about is getting back in power. I can't believe that our electorate is so stupid to put the party of no and no ideas back in power so soon.
    As a nation, we must progress not regress.
    All of this feint anger is misplaced. Where was it when W was trashing our country?

Bush was a "good ol' boy" that Joe Schmoe thought would be a good guy to drink a beer with.

Now that damn Obama. With those kids that don't get in trouble. Without a history of hard partying through his youth. With his policy ideas that would help others, than the best off among us. With all that east coast book learnin'. He's just uppity, thats what he is. He doesn't represent us. We want our country back!

It's ironic that people who claim to dislike the government spend more time worrying about the government's checkbook than they do their own.

But only if one of them Elitist Jackboot Thug Democrats is the President. If a Blue Blood Connecticut Faux Texan is President, it's a whole different story.

Further irony is that if we--"WE" meaning as a people, a culture, a society--had been more fiscally conservative with our own finances throughout the go-go 1990s and 2000s, financing everything on God's Green Earth to keep up with the Joneses, we wouldn't be in this economic fuckhole to begin with. Now that we're forced into personal austerity, we reject assistance to our economy from the one source that is able to provide it. Why? Because WE CAN'T STAND TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE SPEND MONEY WHEN WE ARE PERSONALLY BROKE.

We have no sense of community in this country, and certainly no sense of shared sacrifice. It's all just one big selfish ego-fueled contest to see who can get the most toys, wear the most bling, and bang the most broads. The good ole US of A has become a P Diddy video, and don't you dare take my shit or I'll shoot you.

I just don't understand why people think the government is here to make our lives miserable, as if we're somehow competing against it. It makes you wonder when we're going to grow the fuck up.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; November-04-10 at 09:13 AM.

Change the constitution and let Arnold Schwarzenegger run for Terminator, opps I mean President....

Good point about people getting angry. Well, at least they're finally fed up and doing something about it. It's better than letting the disaster continue. Better late than never.

Would you find fault with the forefathers of the American Revolution waiting until 1776 to tell the king to stick it? After all, why didn't they do that in 1775, 1774 or 1773?

Better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Good point about people getting angry. Well, at least they're finally fed up and doing something about it. It's better than letting the disaster continue. Better late than never.
    What, pray tell, are they doing other than getting angry? I don't see any concrete ideas from the GOP yet.

They're going to run into a harsh reality when the ambiguous rhetoric of their campaigns confronts the mathematics, and the desire of their constituents to receive services.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; November-04-10 at 10:05 AM.

gdogslim Guest

Now you get mad?

Kraig,
    EVERYTHING you pointed to is either 100% incorrect, or from left wing opinion heads or white washed lies intended to keep people ignorant on facts so they can be manipulated.
    Last edited by gdogslim; November-04-10 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.
    I mean....... who are you talking to?

I'm a little more mad after reading this silly post.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    Now you get mad?

Kraig,
    EVERYTHING you pointed to is either 100% incorrect, or from left wing opinion heads or white washed lies intended to keep people ignorant on facts so they can be manipulated.
    How do you know????????

gdogslim Guest

I guess most American voters just aren't satisfied with 15% unemployment, don't like being lied to and don't like an arrogant narcissist telling them what they should do with their lives.
    [[ In the mind of a narcissist, there is no boundary between self and other)

What does a President do when he has HISTORIC losses in Congress? Go to Disneyland? NO
    The President takes a TWO BILLION DOLLAR vacation with over 3,000 people to India
    That is TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS A DAY!!!

You can run Obama but you can't hide.

gdogslim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    How do you know????????
    How do I know????????
    I know things. I read, I know facts.
    I don't beleive outright lies by left wing talking heads.

How do you know?????????

By the way, Kraig did not write this. It's been floating around a while and originated at this site:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=7666726

Quote Originally Posted by woodwardboy View Post
    Job loses have increased
    actualy, the rate of job losses has slowed way down. The vast majority of job losses in this economy happened in 2008 and the 1st 6 mos of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by woodwardboy View Post
    Well, Obama hasnt closed down the torture bases, hasnt ended the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan.
    Nor has he used his commander in chief status to end "dont ask dont tell."
    Job loses have increased
    China has bought more US debt.
    Federal prosecutions for marijuana possessions have increased.
    Deportations of illegals have increased.
    White folk, black folk, rich folk, poor folk, mexican folk, gay folk are all doing worse...
    The policies of GW continue under Obama.....
    since Obama became President, and related to the cut and pasted OP, continued...

Cap and Trade would have also dictated energy policies at a price.
    Obama has voted as Senator and approved as President every extention and expansion of the patriot Act.
    Annual deficits have exceeded Bush's by aboout 400%.
    Our money has been debased to the point that China isn't buying as many Treasuries requiring the Fed to print money a la Zimbabwe.
    Little , if anything, has been done to stop our job loss to foreign countries.
    There was no recovery or even accounting for money lost in Iraq.
    Obama has, at least twice, voted for or expanded Bush's wiretapping.
    Osama is still on the loose. [[so is Obama)
    Bush's account deficits have worsened under Obama.
    Oversight and regulation of businesses have increased substantially under Obama. This includes the $600 1099 form requirement found in Obamacare and required health insurance requirements which will encourage more international job losses.
    Medical costs continue to rise making it still harder for some Americans to see doctors.
    The American people elected a black President, they weren't racist, but they didn't expect to elect such a nincompoop.

"Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, job losses by the millions, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, and the worst economic disaster since 1929 are all okay with you, but helping fellow Americans who are sick."

No they aren't. That's why Democrats got the boot after extending Bush's status quo. Although Obamacare sucks, I'll credit Obama with some good intentions.

Nevermind the eight years under an administration that had the worst job creation record this side of Herbert Hoover. THAT was okay, but now that a Democrat is in the White House, it's time to scream bloody murder.

The other side of that coin, of course, is that the Republicans constantly remind us that it's not the government's responsibility to create jobs [[no matter how many republicans in state governments throw enormous tax subsidies at giant corporations). Why, then, are we not seeing the private sector step up to create these jobs??? Seems like the private sector is failing us too, don't you think?

I love it when liberals claim the entire eight years of Bush's presidency were a disaster. They always forget a few details like the sad shape of our military/intelligence agencies, and the economy looking down the barrel of a recession the day Bush took office. Then there's that little matter of 9/11 and the devestating effect it had on the economy. Of course unlike Obama who has made a career of blaming his predecessor, Bush didn't blame Clinton and got to work cutting taxes which got us out of the recession and ushered in an era of prosperity including a 52 month streak of economic growth.

The other part liberals forget was the fact that dems controlled congress the last two years of Bush's presidency. You know, the part where things started going bad. Now I have nothing good to say about President Bush during his second term. He lost his way, abandoned conservatives, and made some really stupid decisions, like TARP for example. But think about the situation when the dems took over in 2006. Gas prices hovered around $1.50 a gallon, unemployment was at or below 5% and the stock market had recently crested 14,000. Unlike Kraig who has no reason to be surprised, I was shocked that the Republicans were tossed out of office.

Ask yourself if things have gotten better? Dems have been in control of congress for almost four years, so the "we just haven't had enough time" argument doesn't hold water. Face it, Obama's policies simply don't work. We've endured a two year experiment in uber-liberalism and its been roundly rejected by the public. Now its time to get back to basics: Less government, less taxes, less entitlement or we're going to end up like Greece or France.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcscott View Post
    I love it when liberals claim the entire eight years of Bush's presidency were a disaster. They always forget a few details like the sad shape of our military/intelligence agencies, and the economy looking down the barrel of a recession the day Bush took office.
    So you're saying we had a massive "restoration" of the military in the first 8 months of 2001, before we invaded Afghanistan? Bunker busters, predator drones, GPS-guided missiles--these were all GWB's doing?

Then there's that little matter of 9/11 and the devestating effect it had on the economy.
    And those devestating [[sic) effects were...? From what I recall, things had returned to normal within a year.

Of course unlike Obama who has made a career of blaming his predecessor, Bush didn't blame Clinton and got to work cutting taxes which got us out of the recession and ushered in an era of prosperity including a 52 month streak of economic growth.
    Oh yeah? Bush never claimed that he "inherited a recession"? Check your Lexis-Nexis, buddy.

Clinton cut taxes too, which gave us the longest economic expansion in American history. But you don't remember much about that, do you?

Some things take longer than a year and a half to fix. If you want instant gratification, you can grab your dick.

Obama's policies simply don't work.
    Obama's policies HAVE worked, or we'd have 30% unemployment now. They haven't worked as well as they could because he and the dems caved to the blue dogs and watered them down substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    no, not really, but thanks for asking.
    That way he gets to save his rage for when newbies start insipid threads!

Change the constitution and let Arnold Schwarzenegger run for Terminator, opps I mean President....
    Arnold is terrible. California is still broke. California still has horrible bloated tax policies, and Government there has been hijacked by radical environmentalists who want car companies to meet unrealistic expectations, where Government wants to tell you where to set your thermostat in your house, and to control what type of TV you buy. Arnold found out really fast he couldn't save California. It is a hole you keep throwing money into. Just keep those borders open, Keep giving free health care and social security to people who never paid into the system. Keep giving public school to kids whos parents dont pay taxes. Keep opressing big and small business with excessive fees fines and taxes in the name of the environment and entitlements. Keep kicking armed forces recruiters out of schools and colleges. Keep paying out inflated pensions to State retirees. Keep paying State employees more than someone doing the same job in the private sector would make. Yep, California is beyond help.
    The Tea Partiers' way of thinking is hypocritical.
    now that a Democrat is in the White House, it's time to scream bloody murder.
    "Washington gone wild" has to stop sometime. Now is a good time.
    Sure, Bush sucked and we all know that. Obama continuing in [[and balooning) Bush's footsteps doesn't help.
    We can't spend money we don't have on inflated Government we don't need.

Maybe if Uncle Sam stopped spending money on stupid crap like the mating habits of fruit flies, cocain snorting monkeys and the migrating habits of honey bees, and spent more attention to regulating the real estate market, investigating corporate theft and ponzi schemes, and ending political corruption, this country would be stepping in the right direction....

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    I guess most American voters just aren't satisfied with 15% unemployment, don't like being lied to and don't like an arrogant narcissist telling them what they should do with their lives.
    [[ In the mind of a narcissist, there is no boundary between self and other)

What does a President do when he has HISTORIC losses in Congress? Go to Disneyland? NO
    The President takes a TWO BILLION DOLLAR vacation with over 3,000 people to India
    That is TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS A DAY!!!

You can run Obama but you can't hide.
    Geeze... what a shrill response....

FYI... here's your Fox News news source [[couldn't find this in any other major news source... funny that)...

"The Press Trust of India quoted an official in the state of Maharashtra pegging the cost at $200 million a day."

It also mentions that all the palm trees will have their coconuts removed [[sounds expensive!)... and monkeys were be relocated away from where the president will be visiting. Somehow I don't think this will be Secret Service work...

Fox News also mentions 34 warships will accompany the president... hard to see how they can keep up with Air Force One?? [[Is the Ganges at Agra where the Taj Mahal is... wide enough to handle 34 warships??)

Let's see if I were anti-Obama.... I could multiply what some unknown guy in India says [[in a state who's name I can't pronounce)... call it as gospel... and pretend that this is just the cost to USA taxpayers... but lets twist this around a little... lets take this unconfirmed number and multiply it by the number of days Obama will be in all of Asia [[not just the 3 days in India)... that's 10 days... so 10 x $200 million = $2 billion.

Now that seems about right.... FOR ANYONE WITH ONLY HALF A BRAIN!!!!!!

Now I'm going to wait for the other news sources to see what they come up with without going into the convulsions that gdogslim appears to be heading for...

I swear... some of you anti-Obama people need to have your blood pressure checked...

No wonder you sometimes get hysterical.... stop watching all those "blogs you take as the gospel truth"...

Malkin, Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, et al... sure are giving that midlevel Indian bureaucrat a lot of credibility.... I know... why bother with the messy task of verification, when your listeners believe anything you tell them....
    Last edited by Gistok; November-04-10 at 05:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast