Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Stosh Guest

Default 6 people that you could not party with, if you were a Democrat.

Take a look at these 6 people, all of these were inspired by the rantings of Beck and Fox news. These are only the ones that have acted out their threats. Yet.

By all accounts, the advertiser boycott of Fox News Channel over the ideological fuel it provides to right-wing extremists is going nowhere. Only Zurich Financial Services has said anything about it on the record: they’re “reviewing the situation.”
    It was a quixotic quest, but not an unreasonable one given the way Fox — and Glenn Beck in particular — seem to be inspiring conservatives to engage in armed civil war with their liberal neighbors. Perhaps advertisers don’t know quite how extreme Fox and Beck have become: The recent incident in which a Kentucky county campaign coordinator for Senate candidate Rand Paul stomped on the head of a female protester is not an isolated example. Here are six actual terrorists inspired by Fox News. They have killed six Americans and wounded six others between them. [[Seven, if you count the woman who took a sneaker to the skull from Paul’s man):
    1. Charles Wilson: Sentenced to prison last week for repeatedly threatening to kill Sen. Patty Murray [[D-Wash.). His cousin, in a letter to the court, said: “While his actions were undeniably wrong and his choices were terrible, in part they were the actions of others played out by a very gullible Charlie. He was under the spell that Glenn Beck cast, aided by the turbulent times in our economy. I don’t believe that Charlie even had the ability to actually carry out his threats.”
    2. Byron Williams: Arrested while driving to the HQ of the liberal non-profit group The Tides Foundation carrying numerous guns and body armor, intent on killing everyone in the office, before moving on to do the same thing at the ACLU. Williams confessed he views Beck as a “schoolteacher” who “blew my mind.” The would-be killer admitted that Beck “give[s] you every ounce of evidence you could possibly need” to commit violence. He awaits trial in jail.
    3. Jim David Adkisson: Killed two people and wounded six others in a shooting attack at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in West Knoxville, Tenn., in 2008. Adkisson was inspired by Fox commentator Bernard Goldberg: “This was a symbolic killing,” Adkisson wrote. “Who I wanted to kill was every Democrat in the Senate and House, the 100 people in Bernard Goldberg’s book. I’d like to kill everyone in the mainstream media. But I knew these people were inaccessible to me.” Goldberg is the author of 110 People Who Are Screwing Up America [[and Al Franken Is #37)
    4. Richard Poplawski: Charged with killing three Pittsburgh police officers who responded to a 911 call about a family dispute at his mother’s Stanton Heights home in April 2009. Polawski “loved Glenn Beck,” according to his mom.
    5. James W. Von Brunn: Fox itself was reportedly in danger from white supremacist Von Brunn who was arrested after opening fire at security guards, killing one, at the U.S. Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. One of his targets was apparently a “Fox News location.” One of Von Brunn’s pet issues was President Obama’s birth certificate, a “debate” that got plenty of air on Fox.
    6. Greg Lee Giusti: Arrested for threatening House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whom Beck himself has said he would like to poison. Giusti’s mom said: “Greg frequently gets in with a group of people that have really radical ideas and that are not consistent with myself or the rest of the family, which gets him into problems … I say Fox News, or all of those that are really radical, and he, that’s where he comes from.”
    Beck spends a lot of time intimating that one day the federal government’s jackbooted thugs will come for us all, at gunpoint. It’s actually the other way around: Beck’s own viewers are the gunmen who want to kill those with whom they disagree. [[And note how it’s law enforcement officers and security guards who are mostly taking bullets from Fox’s viewers.)
    I’m not saying Fox supports terrorists. I’m saying Fox inspires them.
    http://www.bnet.com/blog/advertising...lenn-beck/6399

Sorry to do a guilt-by-association thing, but all you right wingers should know that reasonable people associate YOU with these nutjobs. Why? because you spew the same kind of hateful, mindless rhetoric they do.

Blarf Guest

I'm not a Democrat, but I'd party with at least 2 of those people.

Osama Bin Ladin endorsed Obama for President in 2008.
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/U..._for_President

This "guilt by association" is as stupid as the claim rock music makes people kill people,
    so arrest the band.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

This "guilt by association" is as stupid as the claim rock music makes people kill people,
    so arrest the band.
    This article is part of UnNews, your source for up-to-the-microsecond misinformation.

Please tell me you know what Uncyclopedia is....I'm hoping this was just a lame attempt at humor...

DetroitDad Guest

Default Thoughts on George W. Bush & Change

"Rarely is the question asked, ...is our children learning?"
    -George W Bush
    I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is misunderestimating.
    -George W Bush
    "You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier."
    -George W Bush
    "There ought to be limits to freedom."
    -George W Bush
    "There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead."
    -George W Bush
    I can't say Barrack Obama is a good president who will stand up to the tasks ahead, or do what the American people want him to do. What I can say, is that the American people clearly demanded change during the 2008 presidential election, from what they were getting under the last Republican election.

Of course, what is key here is what will happen when the voting public and the rest of the World realize no one actually has the ability to offer them [[America) any real change at this point in history. What keeps the general peace is the faith that we can change course through peaceful means.

LOL! Who was it here who once cited The Onion?

From Uncyclopedia:About:
    Uncyclopedia is an encyclopedia full of misinformation and utter lies. You might say it puts the "psych!" in "encyclopedia".
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-02-10 at 05:23 PM.

Where is the picture of Manson and a reference to the Beatles?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    LOL! Who was it here who once cited The Onion?

From Uncyclopedia:About:
    Craigd.

here's your vital idol with his FEAR rhetoric:
    http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...a.Campaigning/
    Obama: Agenda 'all at risk' in any Republican romp
    OMG ONOZ ALL AT RISK IF THOSE EVIL REPUBLICANS GET IN THARE! RUN! FEAR! FEAR! BE SKAAARED!
    Please. Give me a break.

What's the difference between Democrats and Republicans really?
    Pirates versus Bank Robbers? Please.

here's your vital idol with his FEAR rhetoric:

OMG ONOZ ALL AT RISK IF THOSE EVIL REPUBLICANS GET IN THARE! RUN! FEAR! FEAR! BE SKAAARED!
    Please. Give me a break.

What's the difference between Democrats and Republicans really?
    Pirates versus Bank Robbers? Please.
    That article just refers to a common sense fact, just as probably were the headlines in 2006 when the Democrat congress took control.

What is on my mind is this...and it's on topic, what happens if the Republicans don't take control of Congress? These nut-jobs are talking about taking "their" country back by any means necessary...well, what if they don't get "their" country back?

gdogslim Guest

Her Thighness

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by partyhardy View Post
    That article just refers to a common sense fact, just as probably were the headlines in 2006 when the Democrat congress took control.

What is on my mind is this...and it's on topic, what happens if the Republicans don't take control of Congress? These nut-jobs are talking about taking "their" country back by any means necessary...well, what if they don't get "their" country back?
    And by all accounts, they really didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by partyhardy View Post
    These nut-jobs are talking about taking "their" country back by any means necessary...well, what if they don't get "their" country back?
    Are you insinuating a move of revolution or a government takeover by force? Please. We are talking about politicians here. And bad ones. There are few true leaders to be found anywhere in Government, on either side. They couldn't lead a revolution if they had to. Plus, there's no easy money or easy power in it. No need to fear far fetched thoughts like this. It's as far out as the posts I used to see on these very forums where people said George II would proclaim himself king after his 2nd term and cancel the election. These out of touch millionaires in Government are more interested in where they are going to tee off this weekend... or where what restaraunt or resort they are going to visit next... then they are of making this country better.

Ok, six criminals have been found who watched Glenn Beck. Of felons who have been incarcerated since the 2008 election and who voted, is anyone suggesting that the majority weren't Barack Obama voters? I haven't seen any such statistics so I looked up some numbers which might come close based on race.

In 2001, 36.1% of all US prisoners were white, 46.3% black, and 15.6% Hispanic.
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0903755.html

In 2008, 43% of whites voted for Obama, 96% of blacks, and 67% of Hispanics.

So let's multiply the numbers to get a rough idea of what percentage of prisoners might have supported Obama or did if they had an opportunity to vote before being incarcerated.

white 36.1 x 43 = 1552
    black 46.3 x 96 = 4449
    Hispanic 15.6 x 66 = 1030

1552 + 4449 + 1030 = 7031 [[out of a possible 10,000)

So 70% of all 2,300,000 prisoners, based on race projections, were Obama supporters. Actually, the percentage would be higher since prisoners tend to be younger than the average voting population and young voters were even more likely to be Obama voters. So we have at least 6 criminals who were Glenn Beck viewers [[thank you Stosh) and roughly 1,610,000 prisoners who probably tilted toward Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Where is the picture of Manson and a reference to the Beatles?

Exactly. Since Manson believed the Beatles were talking to him, we should have banned the Beatles' records from that point. That would also stopped the two assassination attempts on Gerald Ford.

Since John Hinckley thought he could get Jodie Foster by killing Reagan, we should have banned her from making any more movies and, thus, insipring others to do likewise.

so arrest the band.
    Fox bills itself as a news organization, but it's mostly rightwing propaganda and demogoguery. It's not music. News organizations are supposed to hold to certain standards.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Fox bills itself as a news organization, but it's mostly rightwing propaganda and demogoguery.
    Dose anyone actually believe Fox is a true news organization? Hell, every one of my right wing cronies understand that its a stretch to call it a news organization. They all watch it because they agree with the propaganda they promote.