Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sorry Team....Help With Another Building

How about these ruins ? It is located behind Zeidman's Pawn Shop and next to the Fire Station. Address is 2646 Ersine St. This is some kind of factory over off Grandy, Gratiot, Erskine, and Chene. Thanks team, you guys rock! Here is the link for google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bi...ed=0CBgQ8gEwAA

Sorry, I will not help you in scrapping this building or any other.

Looks like some old foundry or tool and die shope. Not too significant really.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Looks like some old foundry or tool and die shope. Not too significant really.
    Not much future either. If the economy turns up, there are newer and more functional small industrial facilities sitting vacant between 8 mile and 14 mile.

Call the number on the for sale sign:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...162.13,,0,6.84

The abandoned fire station next door is pretty interesting:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...55.72,,0,-7.94

That was one of several Michigan Bell Telephone garages in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Sorry, I will not help you in scrapping this building or any other.
    I have never scrapped a building in my entire life, nor do I expose any of my pictures. THINK about what you say. I work for a living, I have a career as a Social Worker in one of Detroit's finest agencies. I already know where the building is, so why would you have this impression that I am scrapping it? I am a photographer that enjoys the beautiful architecture, not one who ruins any buildings.

Your sarcasm radar is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Your sarcasm radar is disabled.
    BOING!!

left - That fire station is cute. They can often be made into residences but I know nothing about that area. Did you leave and now live in Texas?

Actually there's quite a few nice bldgs there. The Eastside Church a block away and there's a nice brick abandoned house at Campeau and Pierce. That area has lots of green too. In another scenario, it could be really special.

Is that area becoming more green?
    Last edited by Ocean2026; October-31-10 at 06:06 PM.