Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mexican lucha libre [[pro wrestling) masks for sale in Detroit?

Anyone know where I can buy them, in SW Detroit or elsewhere? This is actually not for a Halloween costume, so if it's an appointment situation/not retail that's OK—it doesn't have to be at any particular time. Grácias.

I remember when I attended many wrestling events there was always a few tables selling wrestling DVD's and other stuff including a few masks . You should ask indyfan who posts Clash Pro Wrestling events in this forum , maybe he would know if they sell them at their shows

This is actually not for a Halloween costume
    Going on tour with these guys Tex?

http://theark.org/2487.html

I would. Met them last month at a private party down in Atlanta, my friend hired them for a huge gig his company throws each year at this hifi-industry trade show.

Zowie. These guys were total professionals, amazing musicians, and very funny showmen. They kept up their schtick the whole night, although the temporary guitarist [[or new one, depending on the health of their usual dude) was having a bit too much fun watching the crowd get into their groove.

I'm bummed they were near town, and I didn't know it until the morning after...oh well. Although, I'm sure my seats at the Ark wouldn't have been this good.
    Last edited by Gannon; October-30-10 at 08:57 AM.

The ladyfriend [[who is really into wrestling, completely puzzling to me but it gives my father and her more to talk about) says Halloween City, Gratiot and Twelve Mile [[or so), will have these.

I may have to change my Halloween costume now. I'll go as the temporary guitarist, imitating that silly-ass grin of his will be easy for me.
    Last edited by Gannon; October-30-10 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks ... did indeed see Los Straitjackets last night, and the request is connected with that. They usually play in bars, but the Ark is a good place to really listen to what they do—they're tremendous musicians. They have played the club a few times before, so keep an eye out!

Will check out Halloween City, but keep the suggestions coming—that's a hike for me.

They have them at the party store across the street from Xochimilco's.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4003.507800355

I didn't make it to last night's show, but I have seen them a couple of other times.

I could have sworn I saw some in the "Futbol" store on Vernor near Clark.

Everytime I've seen Los Straightjackets they've had the masks for sale along with their cds and t shirts. Bummed I couldn't go to the A2 show.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Everytime I've seen Los Straightjackets they've had the masks for sale along with their cds and t shirts. Bummed I couldn't go to the A2 show.
    Yes, they usually do, but they were sold out this time—hence the request, which involves a surprise for a disappointed friend.