Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Location of Alley Culture Gallery

Oh brilliant, creative, good-looking Detroityes minds - can anyone give me the location of Alley Culture Gallery? I have a friend visiting from Vienna, Austria and have been taking her around Detroit. I have an invitation to an art show tonight at the Alley Culture Gallery but no directions, and am unable to google an exact location.

I am very good with Detroit directions, but the only info I can find is that the gallery is between Trumbull and Lincoln. I know that area somewhat, but can anyone help me with specifics?

BTW, my Vienna friend is having a wonderful time here and likes Detroit. We toured Downtown, Cass Corridor, New Center/Boston Edison and Corktown [[w/stop @ Nemo's) on Tuesday plus a trip to Canada [[her first time there). We ended the day at Abick's Bar in SW Detroit where she had a blast and bonded with Manya and Stitch. A friend took her to the DIA. She is an art critic in Austria. She gives Detroit 'thumbs up', warts and all. YAY!

As its name suggests, it is in the alley between Trumbull and Lincoln, a few doors down from Willis...which is roughly four blocks north of Martin Luther King Boulevard, the same street as Mack...it changes name west of Woodward.

Perfect. Thanks.

There doesn't appear to be any event at the Trumbullplex, located just a block north of the Alley Culture gallery, but it is an interesting and long-running underground/count culture venue that your friend may be interested to see. Sometimes things happen there without notice, so give it a shot if you are already there. Ask folks at Alley Culture too.