Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    Add some pork, bake, and add sour cream. Very hearty meal.
    Somehow I caught your update, but I'll let it stand, never added pork with apples, only cabbage, but in my head, the apples and pork should work well. I will try it out soon.

Thanks so much, eriedearie!! Gonna have to give it a try soon.

You're welcome AH! I think you'll enjoy it.

I made something like your Haluska last night, Eriedearie. I couldn't resist adding some shredded cabbage, onion strips and bacon. We had Amish Spinach noodles. That was really good!

Gaz - that sounds good - did you cook the cabbage and onions?

Yes, I did. First I fried the bacon, then added the onion slivers for awhile, then the shredded cabbage. After the cabbage was wilting, I added the bacon broken in pieces, then the cooked noodles and cottage cheese. It was really good. I think bacon makes everything better. We grew up with bacon fat as our principal cooking fat, and I still rely on it lots.

I'm still using a 1950's era cheese grater. Isn't there something better nowadays ?
    We'll, my life won't make a drastic change, but can't life be a little easier ?

Bigb - yeah there is something easier - buy cheese already shredded

I was bored - and thanks for the update Erie. Hey - I've heard they have sliced bread now.

Attachment 550
    Attachment 551
    Attachment 552
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-18-09 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I was bored - and thanks for the update Erie. Hey - I've heard the have sliced bread now.

Attachment 550
    Attachment 551
    Attachment 552
    Big, I love it. Thanks.
    BTW, you can grate cheese in a food processor, but I still prefer the box grater even though it is a bitch to clean

And you better not be the 'Leaving' plate.

I've got a "bachelor" sized food processor. But all those parts to clean -

I made my pizzas already, I just thought that SOMEBODY came up with something new. I mean, it's not like we're still in the 2nd century.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-11-09 at 08:58 PM.

I've got a "bachelor" sized food processor. But all those parts to clean -

I made my pizzas already, I just thought that SOMEBODY came up with something new. I mean, it's not like we're still in the 2nd century.
    In the second century, they probably hacked the cheese apart with an iron sword. Lots of rust on the mozzarella

You mean there's another way to do it ?

Attachment 556

You mean there's another way to do it ?

Attachment 556
    I guess they could have pushed it through the chain mail or the visor on their armor.
    Mmmmm, tasty.

Okay - you have me stumped there, J Cole. I was trying to think of something funny, and all I could think of was .....................

Bigb - I LOVE my license plate!!! Thanks bud!

Oh yeah, I've heard about that sliced bread deal. They're gettin' awfully fancy, eh?

The only part I worry aboot, , is the Yours to discover ? J cole, help me on this one.

Attachment 558

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I guess they could have pushed it through the chain mail or the visor on their armor.
    Mmmmm, tasty.
    You know, like a giant grater.

The only part I worry aboot, , is the Yours to discover ? J cole, help me on this one.

Attachment 558
    I'm kind of at a loss on this one, too.

Okay - I've had my fun - here's the link for the license plates.

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/lic...2418:rolleyes:

Happy Easter to all my fellow foodies. Hope your glazes were perfect.

Oh, cool! Thanks for the license plate.

As for grating cheese, the fastest is still the old hand grater, unless you buy it already grated. I keep a brush in my sink for cleaning up things like that. If you don't already have one, get one like this, it will make a thousand cleanup tasks easier for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I keep a brush in my sink for cleaning up things like that. If you don't already have one, get one like this, it will make a thousand cleanup tasks easier for you.
    I have the exact brush and it does make the kitchen clean ups way easier! - Mine is from the Dollar Store.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast