Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Default Oct. 27 episode of "Criminal Minds": Devil's Night Fires

Storyline focuses on a murderer who uses fire to kill his victims. Murders spike during Halloween weekend in Detroit....

Native Detroiter Ernie Hudson guest stars in the episode....

Doesn't look like it was shot in the city. Talked about the spikes in Devil's Night fires in the '80s but how they've been reduced in recent years, in part due to the volunteers patrols.

Detroit's getting popular! LOL!

"The city's pre-holiday ritual", yea right. I don't think ill be watching anytime soon.

It was a good episode.

I agree with jcole...may not have been filmed here, but I still liked it.

most of it was clearly filmed in LA, but there were also some exteriors with actors that were either shot here or in front of a green screen

FoxyScholar10 Guest

I thought it was a good episode, too. And they portrayed Detroit's notorious Halloween weekend in realistic way. It was balanced: they didn't sensationalize it and in fact, they attempted to explain it a bit: bad economy, frustrated folk, along with the obvious criminal element.

The shots of Detroit, except for the first part of the opening, was the usual, "crappy, fallen-down abandoned buildings"... why show anything nice about the town... let's just reinforce the stereotypes.

It's not a show that makes a habit of showing the glitz and glamor of anyplace; they go more for the seamy underbelly and the most gruesome crimes you can think of.