Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Southgate's Eureka Road may resemble Woodward in downtown Detroit in the spring

http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...7738063903.txt

What is next? My opinon: build a subway line with stations at Eureka Road and Fort Street, Eureka Road and Dix-Toledo Road and Eureka Road and Allen Road.

Initially they were going to use money from schools around the state to improve it!

Do you figure this because of the suburbanization of Woodward or the urbanization of Eureka?

I assume the former [[it would be a cold day in hell if it were ever the latter), and even then the resemblance is a stretch.

It's like comparing Gratiot in Detroit to Big Beaver Rd.

Does this mean there is a Walmart going in on Woodward?

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...7738063903.txt

What is next? My opinon: build a subway line with stations at Eureka Road and Fort Street, Eureka Road and Dix-Toledo Road and Eureka Road and Allen Road.

Initially they were going to use money from schools around the state to improve it!
    I think that the distance to go from 3 "Welcome to Southgate" brick/wood signs with flowers and landscaping.... to a subway line..... that's a mighty looooooong stretch....

That was probably a typo. If you check the article now, it says the grant was awarded by the Department of Transportation.

I dont see anywhere in the article where it compares it to Woodward.

DC48080 Guest

Neither do I. This whole thread is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    I dont see anywhere in the article where it compares it to Woodward.
    Made a typo. It does not resemble Woodward at all. Saw a construction arrow at Fort and Eureka this afternoon. Does this mean it's started already?

Made a typo. It does not resemble Woodward at all. Saw a construction arrow at Fort and Eureka this afternoon. Does this mean it's started already?
    I will be at that intersection in a bit...ill let you know what i see.

I cant believe they are doing this. I lived in Southgate for years and this is unnecessary. Everybody knows the "business district" are those areas.... very little, maybe 5-10 percent is residential. Good luck with those 12 year old textbooks, kids!! I remember when the city took the buses away until the majority voted yes on a millage.

Quote Originally Posted by Downrivergal View Post
    Good luck with those 12 year old textbooks, kids!! I remember when the city took the buses away until the majority voted yes on a millage.
    Again, the article says the grant was from the Department of Transportation, not the Department of Education!

It was obviously a typo that has been fixed. Read folks, read.

Didnt see any construction last night or this morning at Fort/Eureka.

Quote Originally Posted by Downrivergal View Post
    I cant believe they are doing this. I lived in Southgate for years and this is unnecessary. Everybody knows the "business district" are those areas.... very little, maybe 5-10 percent is residential. Good luck with those 12 year old textbooks, kids!! I remember when the city took the buses away until the majority voted yes on a millage.
    As a former Southgate resident for 18 years, this is a joke and a complete waste of money. The article says that the business district is Eureka from Fort to Allen and Dix from Leroy to Superior. Calling that a business district is rediculous!