Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default American Al-Qaida Urges Attack on Detroit

Or is Adam Gadahn encouraging attacks against Detroit's suburbs?

Copyrighted CBS article
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6984686.shtml

Adam Gadahn was born Adam Pearlman in Oregon. Now he dresses up like the folks Juan Williams is apprehensive about boarding a plane with.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn

You misread the article.

He directed his appeal to the "miserable suburbs" of Paris, London, and Detroit. Meaning he is reaching out to people in those places, not advocating an attack on those places.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    You misread the article.

He directed his appeal to the "miserable suburbs" of Paris, London, and Detroit. Meaning he is reaching out to people in those places, not advocating an attack on those places.
    I'll rephrase it. Mr. Gadahn is appealing to Muslim immigrants in Detroit, or perhaps Detroit's suburbs, to carry out attacks on the United States.

Well, he hasn't been here. The suburbs and neighborhoods where Muslims are a majority here are hardly miserable.

In a video posted on militant websites Saturday, Adam Gadahn directed his appeal to Muslim immigrants in what he called the "miserable suburbs" of Paris, London and Detroit as well as those traveling to the West to study or work.
    By "miserable suburb of ... Detroit" is he referring to Dearborn? How miserable is Dearborn?

This isn't his first appearance.

Dearborn is far from miserable, in my opinion. However he probably didn't do the research on our suburbs.

The suburbs for Paris are miserable. Being "banlieusard", or suburbanite in French, has a very different connotation. Parisian suburbanites tend to be poorer and there are many immigrants, Africans and Arabs from the former French colonies. I'm pretty sure that's they way it is in London too.

Let the War With Livonia start anew!

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1141787304

If it bleeds, it leads. Am I the only one who finds bullshit media fear mongering propaganda hilarious?

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Dearborn is far from miserable, in my opinion. However he probably didn't do the research on our suburbs.

The suburbs for Paris are miserable. Being "banlieusard", or suburbanite in French, has a very different connotation. Parisian suburbanites tend to be poorer and there are many immigrants, Africans and Arabs from the former French colonies. I'm pretty sure that's they way it is in London too.
    When Baron Hausmann built the wide boulevards in Paris in the 1850s and 1860s, almost half of medieval Paris was destroyed in the process. Much of the city's poor folks were displaced to the suburbs, while the more well to do could afford to stay in Paris. This has been that way ever since.

Haussmann's wide boulevards were "supposedly" for better sanitation and living conditions... but the real reason was to prevent the unruly Parisians from "manning the barricades" [[by making the streets too wide), and for the authorities to have clear straight cannon shots, when trouble did arise.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haussma...ation_of_Paris

As already mentioned, the outer arrondissment's [[districts) of Paris are today where the poor and immigants live.

>>He directed his appeal to the "miserable suburbs" of Paris, London, and Detroit.

Arabs own most of the party stores in Detroit. Maybe they will cut off our liquor?

EastSider Guest

But how many of those "Arab" owners are Chaldean?

Al Qaeda urges attack at anyone, any nation who pose a threat to the Islamic worlds. They will not stop until western influences are out of their worlds.

Eh. My little brother busted this fat ...... for shoplifting from a record store out here a few years back. So if he truly believed his advice, he'd have stumps for hands-not that his career path as a Jewish hippie kid isn't a tad off already

this guy is a shit stain that the liberal press loves giving face time to for his anti-american views.....

Dude converts to Islam [[the radical variety) and keeps the first name Adam?

lilpup Guest

What's wrong with Adam?

Since Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet [[Moses, too, right?), does it also teach Creation?

A muslim terrorist named Adam Pearlman?

Reminds me of a joke:

Narrator: Have you heard about the Irish Cell of Al-Queda? The authorities have announced that it's run by 2 guys: Bin Sleepin and Bin Drinkin.

Or my favorite from a stooges short : "Hassen Bin Sober"...classic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    By "miserable suburb of ... Detroit" is he referring to Dearborn? How miserable is Dearborn?

This isn't his first appearance.
    Can we pray that it'd be his last appearance?

Seriously if the rest of the nation picks up on the fact that Detroit was the only American city mentioned, some folks really might believe that Dearborn is a hotbed of terrorists- and they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    What's wrong with Adam?

Since Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet [[Moses, too, right?), does it also teach Creation?
    Yes, it does. They also recognize Adam and Eve as the first people.

Is there an Eve Pearlman in the picture too?

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarsandfreedom View Post
    Dude converts to Islam [[the radical variety) and keeps the first name Adam?
    And, the "dude's" last name *sounds* Jewish... it's gets weirder and weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Al Qaeda urges attack at anyone, any nation who pose a threat to the Islamic worlds. They will not stop until western influences are out of their worlds.
    Maybe so... I mean, they're gonna have trouble removing 'western influences' while living in London, Paris or Detroit.

Sneak attacks against the general population are acts of cowardice, as are attacks against defenceless airline passengers and gang rapes of women.

9mile&seneca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    >>He directed his appeal to the "miserable suburbs" of Paris, London, and Detroit.

Arabs own most of the party stores in Detroit. Maybe they will cut off our liquor?
    Could this lead to a Dean Martin-like figure becoming president? "They wouldn't dare disrupt the flow of scotch that is our nation's life blood" if so, bring it on!

9mile&seneca Guest

"Parisian suburbanites tend to be poorer and there are many immigrants, Africans and Arabs from the former French colonies. I'm pretty sure that's they way it is in London too." I always wondered at the best parts of cities being left to the unfit, while the slightly[[just barely) more intelligent are relegated to suburban hellholes without even sidewalks to walk on, forced to dodge cars if they want to walk 5 miles to the nearest grocer, or any other convenience.
    Last edited by 9mile&seneca; October-24-10 at 07:34 PM.