Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

lilpup Guest

Default As bad as Engler was...

Where would we be today without Michigan's balanced budget amendment? Arguably the requirement might have curtailed pursuit of some beneficial opportunities but I suspect it's more likely we'd be in a fiscal condition similar to California's...

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Where would we be today without Michigan's balanced budget amendment? Arguably the requirement might have curtailed pursuit of some beneficial opportunities but I suspect it's more likely we'd be in a fiscal condition similar to California's...
    Just wait another year...maybe two.

Given the accounting schenanagians the political parties have played to "balance" the budget, we can still be in the same boat as California.

Blarf Guest

What is up this the Governor's race this year? Didn't they only have one debate?

What a load of shit. I don't think anyone wants the job to be honest. This has to be one of the most silent governors elections is recent history.

What is up this the Governor's race this year? Didn't they only have one debate?

Bernero wanted to do more, Synder declined.

Where's Soapy Williams when ya really need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post

What a load of shit. I don't think anyone wants the job to be honest. This has to be one of the most silent governors elections is recent history.
    To be sure that we're on the same channel: Michigan or California?

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    Just wait another year...maybe two.

Given the accounting schenanagians the political parties have played to "balance" the budget, we can still be in the same boat as California.
    You hit that nail right on the head.

carol cain has an article in the sunday free press.. mentions the hints of Engler theoretically going for the Stabenow senate seat when she's up for re-election in 2012..

As bad as Engler was...

Thank God the two Dicks[[Postumas, Devos) didn't follow him, as Michigan would have fallen under the spell of the "west coast" MI Protestant Mafia, and ultimately fallen farther down then we currently are.

An old, but humorous joke, which still fetches a few chuckles, "Jen won the last two elections for governor, she beat a couple of dicks!"

lilpup Guest

I admit the seemingly unanimous endorsements Snyder has received from local media has me a little concerned and creeped out.

You gotta love that "liberal" media...

Oops, I almost fell into that all too common, right wing trap!!

I admit the seemingly unanimous endorsements Snyder has received from local media has me a little concerned and creeped out.
    They just want to be on the right side of history.

I'm not a republican but some are so hell-bent on not admitting any flaws in the democratic party that they are still blaming Engler for action, policy and out workings that were/ and are clearly the results of Granholm's leadership [[over the last 8 years!). LOL!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-03-10 at 05:05 AM.

gdogslim Guest

As bad as Engler was...
    Two Penny was a TOTAL disaster.

lilpup Guest

Granholm didn't have much to work with and Snyder only has a little more since the economy has slightly started to improve. There's no way any true tax cuts are available. If anything the only way to get the state turned around is with increases. Most of the states doing better than Michigan have higher taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    As bad as Engler was...

Thank God the two Dicks[[Postumas, Devos) didn't follow him, as Michigan would have fallen under the spell of the "west coast" MI Protestant Mafia, and ultimately fallen farther down then we currently are.

An old, but humorous joke, which still fetches a few chuckles, "Jen won the last two elections for governor, she beat a couple of dicks!"
    i could never vote for someone whose name made me think "penis after death"

Granholm didn't have much to work with and Snyder only has a little more since the economy has slightly started to improve. There's no way any true tax cuts are available. If anything the only way to get the state turned around is with increases. Most of the states doing better than Michigan have higher taxes!
    what about all the GOP anti-tax absolutists in the michigan legislature now, and the few democrats who would likely be too scared to dare bring up the idea..