Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cass Corridor Poster

Anyone interested in an old poster from the 70s of the Cass Corridor? It's actually in pretty good shape. Titled: "Kick Out the Jams" with the dates 1963-1977. Size: about 2 1/2 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide. It was framed for many years with glass covering it. I would probably send it off in a tube. You would pay for postage.
    wrdcld@comcast.net

Most likely this is the poster from the Kick Out the Jams: Detroit's Cass Corridor 1963-1977 show at the DIA in 1980. This significant show was a major exhibition of the work of many of the Detroit artists who lived and worked in the Corridor during that period.

Clearly, during that period it was "the Cass Corridor" and not "Midtown." So the work in the show, for the most part, had a very gritty, hard edge to it. These were not pretty pictures that someone's grandmother would buy, although, I guess many of those who bought work by these artists in the 60's are now somebody's grandparents.

Hello if its still available I'll give it a good home!

I finally got around to taking a picture of it if anyone is still interested.

Just wanted to let folks know it has found a good home.