Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

1. Default 2 different computers 2 different screen views

Dang it, I accidently deleted this thread while moving it to Connections where it belongs. Fortunately, I had it was still in my cache.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ltdave | Today, 09:42 AM | Join Date: Mar 2009 Posts: 15 #2

on my laptop, i get a full width image of the site without the sidebars as was prevalent in the old iteration of the forum...

on my pc i get what appears to be very much like the old forum with the sidebars...

i like the image on the laptop better because its easier for me to read for some reason...

how do i get the pc to look like the laptop?

Laptop

PC

ndavies | Today, 10:00 AM | Join Date: Mar 2009 Posts: 48

You're entering the site from 2 different places on the different computers: You probably bookmarked them differently.

Look at the HTML address line in each browser.

The laptop is pointed to:

the Desktop to:

Lowell | Today, 09:57 AM | Join Date: Feb 2009 Posts: 89

LtDave, it could be that you are viewing the forum only on your laptop and the full page on the pc. The full page is www.detroityes.com, the forum 'frame' part of it is www.detroityes.com/mb. From the sounds of it, your laptop may be displaying the latter address, the pc the former.

Try those two address on both machine.

Olddetroiter | Today, 10:01 AM | Join Date: Apr 2009 Posts: 43

"old look" URL http://detroityes.com/index.html

"new look" URL http://www.detroityes.com/mb/index.php
    Last edited by Lowell; May-05-09 at 09:39 AM.

that was it...

thanks

I'm glad I saw this - I have had the same issue and I didn't like those wide blue bars wasting all the space on one of them. So glad to finally be rid of them - thanks!