Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wayne State University Club Sport Needs Help

Hi DetroitYes, it's been a while since i have been on here [[due to school, work and the whatnot) i just joined WSU's Club Lacrosse team. We just started this year and will begin our first ever season this coming spring. While my teammates and i are very committed to playing the first season, financial constraints for some of us. We do not have any sponsors and are looking for only a couple which will be all we'll need. If there is anyone here [[Alumni, Faculty or resident in the area) who knows someone willing to be a sponsor for us that would be truly appreciated. We can provide all paperwork to show were are a legit club sport of Wayne State University. Thanks for reading

Lance

there's a sunoco gas station at 7 mile and southfield that is just frothing at the bit to sponsor a wsu team. Call them they would love to hear from you.

Thanks gnome. So anyone else be of serious help to me on this? Would Quicken Loans or Compuware be willing since both Dan Gilbert and Karmanos are alumni.

Hi Lance: have you tried the University development office? They are aware of donors in the community who sponsor clubs like this. You'd want to talk to corporate/foundation relations: http://giving.wayne.edu/relations/index.php -- good luck!

How much do you need?

Bearinabox Guest

Hi guys, anybody want to give me some money? I just thought I'd like some, you know, cause you can never have too much of the stuff. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Thanks English i did not know about that at all I appreciate it. East Detroit i really do not know because i did not organize the program, but i do know that we are looking for a business [[Corporate, Local etc.) to sponsor us. I do not have to worry about the cost of it for myself but some of my team mates may have a constraint on it thus not being able to play. We are all really excited to play and represent WSU we just need a sponsor and if anyone here knows anyone in that aspect we will truly appreciate it.

Have you asked the wsu A.D. to clean the gym or stadium after events. I know at MSU different frats and service groups clean the stadiums after games and the money goes to the groups based on how many of their people show up.

In short, you might want to start thinking about several small projects instead of a praying for a sugar-daddy.

I'm sure you could rent out your team members to any number of manuel labor things. A homeowner needs a fall clean-up. A contractor needs short term laborers. Heck you gys could show up and whip a place into shape within and hr or two make a couple hundred and move on.