Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wild wild west in the "D"

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/gas-station-gunfight%3A-driver-turns-tables-on-carjacker-in-detroit

Looks like this horse thief was forced into an early retirement. This was not an example of vigilantism as the one cop seems to imply may happen in the future but rather a citizen who played by the rules and won, too bad he took a few rounds in the process.

Awesome. Sucks that the victim had to get injured but I wish him a quick recovery and am happy that there is 1 less criminal on the street. Let this be a lesson as to why all responsible adults should obtain their CPL.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/gas-station-gunfight%3A-driver-turns-tables-on-carjacker-in-detroit

Looks like this horse thief was forced into an early retirement. This was not an example of vigilantism as the one cop seems to imply may happen in the future but rather a citizen who played by the rules and won, too bad he took a few rounds in the process.
    It warms my heart knowing that the bad guy lost. Now his family can grieve over how this piece of shit was a good kid but made bad choices. My hat is off to the guy who sent that scum to the hereafter. Perhaps some of these wannabees should take notes. You can't be sure who has a gun these days.
    Last edited by R8RBOB; October-20-10 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    It warms my heart knowing that the bad guy lost. Now his family can grief how this piece of shit was a good kid but made bad choices. My hat is off to the guy who sent that scum to the hereafter. Perhaps some of these wannabees should take notes. You can't be sure who has a gun these days.
    Bleeding hearts shouldn't look at it not as a killing but as the post-partum abortion of an obviously defective fetus.

lincoln8740 Guest

Default Carjacker shot dead

Can't believe no one posted this yet!
    Wait I know why-- a licensed gun carrier actaully saved the lives of his family with his gun

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...er-in-shootout

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    Wait I know why-- a licensed gun carrier actaully saved the lives of his family with his gun

Oops, lincoln wants to clown and he didn't scan the threads.
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=7504

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Oops, lincoln wants to clown and he didn't scan the threads.
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=7504
    whoops sorry My bad didn't get that from the title Wild Wild West in the D--I though it was another asinine thread with regards to riding a horse in Detroit

Well linc, your thread is the third one posted. You're late buddy...

Just prior to the carjacker getting his last look at a vehicle, I only hope the victim said the following?

Victim: Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here.
    Carjacker: Who'se we sucka?
    Victim: [slowly drawing his .40] Smith and Wesson... and me.

Light his ass up....

Next time he should try to clear leather before getting shot in the face. Also, nice to see that the perp actually got shot in the melee and not some grandma cooking dinner down the street.

I feel nor remorse for the suspect who jacked the wrong dude, but I still have to note that risking your own life, those fo your Wife and Daughter, and taking three shots is not worth keeping your Escalade. I truly hope this does make a few would be criminals think twice before attempting a car jacking, but the pessimist in me worries that is will simply lead to a "shoot first" policy when commiting said crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Awesome. Sucks that the victim had to get injured but I wish him a quick recovery and am happy that there is 1 less criminal on the street. Let this be a lesson as to why all responsible adults should obtain their CPL.
    yes. you too can come close to getting killed. If I were in his circumstances, but with no wife & kid in the car, i would have surrendered the escalade, called OnStar and had them limit it to ten mph and track it. With the wife and kid in the car, I would have done exactly the same.

Let the streets run red with the blood of these pieces of sh**. It needs to stop somewhere.

It is a shame that you can get carjacked at 7:00 PM.

One less person to play the system.One less to send to prison and cost the State taxpayers $30G's a year to house,feed and clothe.Also prisoners get constitutionally guaranteed health care.I have guarded prisoners for sometimes weeks at a time at Detroit Receiving,Harper Hospital and Carmanos.The amount spent sometimes was close to $1 million.I feel no remorse that this person was sent to meet his maker.He gambled and lost,plain and simple.In this day and age when any law abiding citizen can get a CPL the criminals are taking a chance.You cannot expect the police to be everywhere to police everything so it is in everyones interest to do whatever it takes to secure their life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Good riddance to bad rubbish....

Unfortunately for the man who shot the carjacker, it wasn't his family. It was girlfriend-- his wife was none too pleased. But she did promise to nurse him back to health before she tried to take it away again.

I saw the interview earlier today on Fox Detroit. She really should have just declined to be interviewed.
    Last edited by laurin; October-21-10 at 12:27 AM. Reason: english major

That's tough getting shot while hanging with the girlfriend. Makes that warm and fuzzy reunion with the wife a little chilly.

Hope the wife doesn't have a CCW

Makes ya wonder if he was really a car jacker...Dead guys don't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Makes ya wonder if he was really a car jacker...Dead guys don't talk.
    LOL....We've seen this episode. Season one of Monk. Mr. Monk and the Billionaire Mugger.

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post

How about some more Onion articles, Craig?

Default Sadly, another Detroit only story

Guy sitting in West Side house, when his power goes out. Grabs his rifle and runs outside and starts shooting at the power thieves who are up on the pole taking his power line, presumably to redirect to their place.. one hit in leg an at hospital, second one hit but runs away.. homeowner taken away in back of police car.

Oy Vey!

Channel 7's Cheryl Chodun out there, going live on their 11pm newscast in the few minutes with the story.

MrSam Guest

How there channel 4 frank holland run a story about the the shooter cheating on his wife. This is a perfect example of tabloid slime ball journalism.

Its obvious channel 4 news editor hope the story goes national at the expense of the poor victim[[the shooter) life. Haven't the poor guy been through enough. He got shot & killed a man in a gun battle. He getting death threats on his life.

Now he has to deal with the racist blood sucking tabloid media exploiting his personal affairs for a chance at a national story & cheap ratings.

Would they had ran the story if he was jewish or white? I doubt it, because they know better, they would THEN CALL it irresponsible journalism. Plus they would hear it from their community, knowing that guy's lifes in danger.

Why not run a story on who's making the threats on his life?

That would be more responsible. But instead this is the typical crap of the racist, non respected, no integrity, KING OF BS, slime ball local media who only exploit the non white crimes of poverty for cheap ratings.

The sad part is these anchors & reporters actually think they have a more respectable job then a USED CAR SALESMAN selling junkers. YEAH RIGHT! I don't think so, THEY BOTH SELLING BULLSH!T!

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelMack View Post
    Guy sitting in West Side house, when his power goes out. Grabs his rifle and runs outside and starts shooting at the power thieves who are up on the pole taking his power line, presumably to redirect to their place.. one hit in leg an at hospital, second one hit but runs away.. homeowner taken away in back of police car.

Oy Vey!

Channel 7's Cheryl Chodun out there, going live on their 11pm newscast in the few minutes with the story.
    This guy's just as stupid as the dipshits trying to steal the power. What's so hard to understand about not being able to go shoot people willy nilly?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSam View Post
    How there channel 4 frank holland run a story about the the shooter cheating on his wife. This is a perfect example of tabloid slime ball journalism.

Its obvious channel 4 news editor hope the story goes national at the expense of the poor victim[[the shooter) life. Haven't the poor guy been through enough. He got shot & killed a man in a gun battle. He getting death threats on his life.

Now he has to deal with the racist blood sucking tabloid media exploiting his personal affairs for a chance at a national story & cheap ratings.

Would they had ran the story if he was jewish or white? I doubt it, because they know better, they would THEN CALL it irresponsible journalism. Plus they would hear it from their community, knowing that guy's lifes in danger.

Why not run a story on who's making the threats on his life?

That would be more responsible. But instead this is the typical crap of the racist, non respected, no integrity, KING OF BS, slime ball local media who only exploit the non white crimes of poverty for cheap ratings.

The sad part is these anchors & reporters actually think they have a more respectable job then a USED CAR SALESMAN selling junkers. YEAH RIGHT! I don't think so, THEY BOTH SELLING BULLSH!T!
    I'm not one defend the local media because it doesn't seem to know the difference between editorializing and reporting. However, the story that I saw was on Channel 2 not 4. They actually interviewed the wife- it was cringe-worthy. Should they have? No. Should she have volunteered to do so? NO. But I do think they would have ran with the story white, black, yellow, or magenta. Sex sells and they want ratings. I also think that they backed themselves into a bit of a corner promoting the story as 'man protects family from blah blah blah.' With a bit less editorializing in the reporting of the initial story, such a redirection would not have been necessary.

Edit: I take it all back. I just looked up channel four's version. I think that takes the cake as one of the worst reported stories that I've seen. I don't even know how to classify it-- malicious, incompetent, tabloid, clueless, irresponsible.......
    Last edited by laurin; October-21-10 at 12:51 AM. Reason: I was wrong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast