Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Whatever happened to?

The thirty Papa John's restaurants that were supposed to open in Detroit.

Cadillac Centre.

Shoppes at Gateway. [[Did they ever get the loan from the Detroit Police and Fire Pension?)

John Clark, the former Chief of Staff for Ken Cockrel, who was one of the first people busted in the Synagro scandal.

Whatever happened to the Hotel Ansonia?

What a great place to talk about, as well as ppl watch, and get your after hour beers and cheap pints of whiskey from. as well as get a room for a half hour with your latest 1/2 hour true love.

Whatever happened to Jjaba??

Paging The_Rock.....

Even the East Side is getting worried....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Although he was gone long before I started posting, I've often wondered that. Actually there's quite a few people.When I would read thru the atDetroit files, I would always laugh at Jjaba's third person talk lol. Maybe he's still around and just lurks...hoping for those rare posts that are just fun, information filled, picture intensive, history lessons.

Cadillac Centre - Dead
    shoppes @ gateway - allegedly still going to happen. The owners broke ties with Chicago's General Growth Properties when that went bankrupt. last year they claimed 60% of the space was pre-leased

papa johns? i think the detroit area is already saturated with pizza places

Thank god Cadillac Centre never came to be. The renderings looked like Dr.seuss designed..

I'd hit up a buddys, Jets, or LC's before I went to Pappa Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Thank god Cadillac Centre never came to be. The renderings looked like Dr.seuss designed..

I'd hit up a buddys, Jets, or LC's before I went to Pappa Johns.
    Speaking of pizza, how is Shield's coming along in the Kales? How about BW3? They find an appropriate spot yet? It's only been a year or so since that breathless announcement. I know empty space is hard to find in Detroit, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Choked on a piece of day-old bagel after getting kissed on the balls during a Tigers game.