Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: R.i.p. Mr. C

Default R.i.p. Mr. C

'Happy Days' dad Tom Bosley dies at 83

Tony-winning actor became famous playing sage Mr. C on long-running series

Tom Bosley, whose long acting career was highlighted by his hugely popular role as the understanding father on television's nostalgic, top-rated 1970s comedy series "Happy Days," died Tuesday. He was 83.
    Bosley died of heart failure at a hospital near his Palm Springs home. Bosley's agent, Sheryl Abrams, said he was also battling lung cancer.
    TV Guide ranked Bosley's Happy Days character No. 9 on its list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" in 2004. The show debuted in 1974 and ran for 11 seasons.

Another TV icon has passed... My brother's favorite role of Mr. Bosley's was as the dad in Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. I remember him as Mr. Cunningham and Father Dowling. And my oldest child fondly remembers David the Gnome.