Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

DetroitPole Guest

Default Mary Waters seeks to withdraw guilty plea

http://www.freep.com/article/2010101...aw-guilty-plea

Boy, everybody seems to be following Monica's lead.

First of all, Mary Waters doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed at best, at worst, mildly retarded. Does anyone know what "literally" means anymore? "It's been literally eating away at me." Okay, that means that the plea is actually physically devouring her. Mary, you got probation, not a flesh-eating bacteria.

Secondly, she got a slap on the wrist for violating public trust. Of course her reputation should be ruined - she ruined it herself.

Thirdly, YOU CAN'T WITHDRAW YOUR PLEA, DUMMY. Provided nobody put bamboo chutes up your fingernails and made you do it. Nobody made you take that fucking Rolex either.

I hope this common criminal has a nice life of menial work and anonymity.

Sam Riddle also wants to withdraw his plea.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...plea-withdrawn

Hopefully they'll all be told the same thing. No.

Well, can't blame them for trying. But I do think I'm getting tired of people saying their careers have been ruined by the charge of taking bribes. Isn't it the bribe-taking that ruined their careers?

Sanford had a term for these guys, "Big Dummies."

I hope that no one in this ongoing saga gets to take back their initial pleas.. they couldn't have been drunk or high when they first pled out.. why the change of heart?

I was told when i was much younger that canoe rentals went into the late seventies I think.

This is a person who was a STATE REPRESENTATIVE! You have to be a person of integrity.How was she even voted in?How does the saying go"A person that represents themself in court has a fool for a client"She is trying to withdraw a GUILTY PLEA!When you plead guilty you usually forfeit the chance to withdraw the plea and most likely were given plenty of leniency.Give it up Mary and don't go away mad, just go away!

The coincidence of two female clients of Sam Riddle seeking to use a similar strategy to escape the consequences of their action puts me in mind of Charles Manson and the "Family" women whose actions were orchestrated via his Svengali appeal.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post

Thirdly, YOU CAN'T WITHDRAW YOUR PLEA, DUMMY. Provided nobody put bamboo chutes up your fingernails and made you do it. .
    Actually a motion can be filed to withdraw a plea. It can be a difficult road if you have already been sentenced but a hearing will be had to determine if the plea can be withdrawn after the motion has been filed.

Might want to do a little research before referring to others as "DUMMY" so you don't look like one yourself.

Either these 3 [[mouth monica, sleezy sam, washed up waters) know something we don't or they are complete fools and are trying to make a complete mockery of the system. I lean toward fools. Take your [[lenient) punishment and quit COSTING the taxpayers so much money.