Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Designed by Charles N. Agree. Federal's Department Store 15401 Grand River built in 1949 Greenfield-Grand River Business District Detroit, MI. Includes an image of the building from the Burton Historical Collection circa 1949.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Designed by Ted Rogvoy. Grand River-Whitcomb Development/H. L. Green Company 15236 Grand River Avenue built in 1950 Detroit, MI. Includes a rendering of the building from a 1951 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

Designed by Earl L. Confer. Holy Cross Evangelical Lutheran Church 14213 Whitcomb built in 1952 Detroit, MI. Includes a rendering of the church from a 1951 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

Designed by H. Augustus O'Dell. Automobile Club of Michigan Office 15065 Grand River Avenue built 1941-1942 Detroit, MI. Includes an article featuring the building from a 1942 issue of the Detroit Free Press.

Those are beauties.

Thanks for posting those.
    You can see the walkway running across Grand River from the old Federal's [[Kingsway/Mammoth).

Default Perry family

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    You and me both. I went to the country music club, The Barn? maybe, on a date, her choice. Small world tho', the couple who bought my parents' home kon Greenlawn were there.

If you went to St. Mary's, perhaps you knew the Perrys, Mike and Jim, and a few more.

Did you happen to see Kraftwerk at Nitro's? It was better known as Uncle Sam's for a while as a disco.
    I grew up on Biltmore Street off West McNichols between Southfield and Greenfield Roads. I knew [[Earl)Michael Perry; I was his sweetheart when he died. I also knew Jimmy Perry, his older brother who was a member of the Knights of the Road motorcycle club, right around the corner from me. The others were Thomas, Donna, Jeffrey and Kathleen and their folks, Earl and Margaret.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4