Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Religionist lies

http://www.michiganatheists.org/quotes2.html
    "...David Barton is a Christian fundamentalist from the WallBuilders group. He wrote a book full of quotes from the Founding Fathers that really took the Atheist's take on the foundation of this country to task. Many people jumped to do the research to find out the validity of these quotes. Firms devoted to Madison and Jefferson became involved, universities got involved and ultimately the Library of Congress was the final resting place for these quotes.

David Barton was cornered and he admitted to fabricating the quotes, okay he actually called them 'spurious' but we all know that means he made them up. He was ordered to create a pamphlet that listed all his bogus quotes. Unfortunate that pamphlet has had almost zero impact on those use the quotes daily in newspapers around the United States..."

I just talked to G-- he just reminded me thou shall not lie...someone's going to get it

Maxx, just keep in mind, there is a difference between Christian Fundamentalists and people of the Christian Faith.

As a Catholic, I often find myself at odds with others of my political leanings. Too often they confuse faith as being "closed -minded", and "against science and modern advances".

At the same time, cons and fundies label folks like me "bleeding heart liberals", while failing to remember Christ had "a bleeding heart!"

Such is the conundrum I live in!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Maxx, just keep in mind, there is a difference between Christian Fundamentalists and people of the Christian Faith.

As a Catholic, I often find myself at odds with others of my political leanings. Too often they confuse faith as being "closed -minded", and "against science and modern advances".

At the same time, cons and fundies label folks like me "bleeding heart liberals", while failing to remember Christ had "a bleeding heart!"

Such is the conundrum I live in!
    Such is the conundrum we all live in!