Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default About Michigan Proposals

I'm pretty sure everyone knows the elections are coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm kind of settled on who I will be voting for [[even though neither enthuse me). Recently I was trying to do my research of the ballot and someone mentioned that there will be 2 proposals on the ballot.

I want to make sure I understand what i'm voting for, so does anyone have a good way of explaining Proposal 10-1 to me? Sometimes things seem straight forward, but they word it in a way that confuses me LOL!

Also, whats some of your takes on the proposals? Thanks!

There are actually TWO statewide proposals this November.

The first one [[Prop 10-1) deals with the calling of a State Constitutional Convention [[something required under the current Michigan Constitution every 16 years), and already being discussed here.

The second is the Kwame Amendment [[Prop 10-2). It deals with prohibiting certain felons from holding elected office.

Information on BOTH amendments can be found here.

On a side note, there are also a number of races being decided in about two weeks, a breakdown of all candidates, including MANY that the MSM decided that you should NOT know about, and various offices that they are running for are located here.
    Last edited by MCP-001; October-18-10 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Spelling/Typo

Thank You very much MCP! I ran across the mock ballot a few weeks ago and wondered who all the extra names in the governors race was. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by goobercarter View Post
    Thank You very much MCP! I ran across the mock ballot a few weeks ago and wondered who all the extra names in the governors race was. Oh well!
    You're welcome.

BTW, you are not the first person who said similar things to me about the other candidates, so don't feel bad.