Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Comic Shops in Metro area

What are the best comic shops in the Detroit area? Especially for back issues and bargain bins?

I'm sure other people know more about this than I do, but there's a fair bit of stuff at the King "Big Book Store" on Cass near Wayne State.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I'm sure other people know more about this than I do, but there's a fair bit of stuff at the King "Big Book Store" on Cass near Wayne State.
    Really? Lots of comics? cheap stuff? I'm not really looking to shell out a bunch of money..

I tend to go to Green Brain on Michigan Avenue in Dearborn.. I dont' buy nearly as many comics as I used to a month, partially because I'm unenthused with the prices now.. I'm more interested in TPB's now, but I'm also looking to sell on Ebay my older stuff..

Another place I visit on odd occasion is "Detroit Comics" on Woodward in Royal Oak..

Don't know how far you want to drive. This place is in Ann Arbor.

http://www.vaultofmidnight.com/

Theres a place on Mack between Cadieux and Houston.
    I forget the name of it.

Mack between Bishop and Yorkshire

Big Ben's Comix Oasis in Allen Park on Allen just west/south [[depending on your orientation) of Southfield has a huge inventory of back issues plus new arrivals. They also have tons of collectibles, movies, etc.

Green Brain and Big Bens are THE stores to go to. Detroit Comics doesn't have back issues and sometimes doesn't even have the new issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Really? Lots of comics? cheap stuff? I'm not really looking to shell out a bunch of money..

I tend to go to Green Brain on Michigan Avenue in Dearborn.. I dont' buy nearly as many comics as I used to a month, partially because I'm unenthused with the prices now.. I'm more interested in TPB's now, but I'm also looking to sell on Ebay my older stuff..

Another place I visit on odd occasion is "Detroit Comics" on Woodward in Royal Oak..
    That's Ferndale. He's a cool guy.

http://www.detroitcomics.com/

Where can I buy a copy of Journey Into Mystery #83 in mint condition for $7? That's how much I paid for it in 1968.

Just took my grandson to Comic City on Ford Road in Canton [[between Morton Taylor Road and Lilley Road) in the strip mall with Hobby Lobby and a Home Goods store.

I'm not into comics at all, but I noticed a very large bin of sale items.

www.comiccity.com phone 734-981-3561

Ravine Guest

Comics Archives is on Plymouth Road, about one block east of Beech Daly, on the north side of the street. Large stock of old comics, as well as sports cards and collectibles.
    A guy named Rob owns the place; he's been in the business for a very long time, and part of the reason for that is that he is honest & fair. In my experience with him, I have always known him to give stuff his standard "mark-up," and if he gets a hell of a deal on something, he passes that right along to his customers. At times, he has obtained large quantities of old baseball card packs, dirt cheap, and could have sold them for way more than the price he asked, but that's just not the way he does business.
    I've known him for almost thirty years, and I hold him in very high esteem.
    Monday has always been their Day Off, but Tuesday through Sunday you can reach them at [[313) 937-8860.
    This turned into a whale of a Free Plug, but Rob & crew deserve it.

Green Brains owner, wife and employee sometimes have a 'pic of the week' that is usually right on the mark. Time Travelers on 12 mile in Berkely, and Tjs comics on Ryan both have lots of back issues and some bargains. Also check out Comix Corner in Rochester [[ the clerks have on many occascions knocked the price down on comics at the cash register) there is another location in Fraser on the east side....some great series now are Hack/Slash and DMZ.

Oh, and Comic and More on John R. is fun to shop at,the owner, a fellow Ferndalian is very friendly, down to earth and honest. Lots of friendly patrons and warm amicable conversations.....Comix Corner has 25% off on all new comics, I think most places now charge a club fee of $15 bucks or more...happy collecting!