Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Little Caesar statues

Here is a photo of the Little Caesars on Stadium in Ann Arbor:
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/DSC_0611.jpg

How many other Caesars have the Caesar statue above the store? I bet there aren't five in the Metro area...

I noticed that one a few months ago, Have to look at the LC's in Canton and Westland/Livonia to see if Caesar is still standing guard.

East side, on Mack.

Is getting butter and parm smothered on your hot and ready a Detroit thang? I have never seen it done until moving here and I see it happens quite often.

Am I the only one who can't stand those $5 shiite pies? I would rather support my local pizza shop, as most of them offer the same thing but you get a much better pizza. When did Little Ceaser's decide that a square pizza is a deep dish? It is not, I'm sick of their false advertising as well, I guess they think we are all lousy pizza eating morons.....more coffee please!

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    Am I the only one who can't stand those $5 shiite pies? I would rather support my local pizza shop, as most of them offer the same thing but you get a much better pizza. When did Little Ceaser's decide that a square pizza is a deep dish? It is not, I'm sick of their false advertising as well, I guess they think we are all lousy pizza eating morons.....more coffee please!

After living and working in Europe for the last five months I can say I officially love real italian pizza vs. anything else. However I will say based on eating a lot of Little Caeser's deep dish pizzas it really varies from location to location. I've had actual deep dish pizzas and in the same week had a square flat pizza. It really just depends on the luck of the draw and how stoned the employees are

The pizza in Genoa [[the only city we went to in Italy) was so very good.

http://www.paginegialle.it/artepizza-ge

Tomatoes Apizza certainly captures a great deal of the experience here in Michigan...

http://tomatoesapizza.com/

Back on topic-- There are still some statues around this area. Several Little Caesars in the western suburbs still have the statues, especially those not on real major roads...Dearborn, Westland, Garden City, perhaps???

They should all have Little Caesar statues. And giant concrete "pizzas." And a merry-go-round. And a ferris wheel. Maybe skee ball too. The kids love these things! Hey, what do you want, a decent pizza?

There is a bronze statue in the lobby of the fox office building....

there is one on outer drive in Dearborn. I thunk it used to spin years ago

oh i couldn't agree more but they do come in handy when i have a house full of kids...feed 'em on the cheap

Okay, we get that you don't like Little Caesars' pizza. Support your local neighborhood pizza shop if you like' it's obviously your choice to do so. Just don't go to Little Caesars that offended you- it's problem solved. I don't think anyone making claims that it's phenomenal pizza. It is what it is. I don't think that people go to McDonalds and expects a top notch hand made Black Angus sort of burger; Little Caesars is fast food pizza- it's not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination. Their idea of deep dish is that it could very well be THEIR idea of deep dish pizza, not yours or any other company's standards [[are there any industry standards stating how deep a deep dish pizza has to be?) so I don't see how they're lying about it.

I agree with mcsdetroitfriend that it can be hit or miss depending on the location and your timing. It's a five dollar cheap pizza- it doesn't really pretend to be much else. The way I look at Little Caesars is that it's a down and dirty, dash in, dash out sort of food- it's not some grandiose hand tossed, sit down restaurant sort of pie. Accept that notion and all things will be fine. I enjoy a fine pizza from places like Red Devil, Primo's, PizzaPapalis, Green Lantern, Buddy's, and all of the other finer pizza places in town too- and I still every now and then can enjoy a pie from Pizza Hut, Domino's, and Little Caesars. They're all different and I can distinguish between when I'm having a top notch pizza and a fast food pizza.

And like Maof says, they can serve a mob on the cheap. It's functional pizza at times too!

gdogslim Guest

Okay here's an important question.
    Going toe to toe; who would win in an unlimmited fighting match;
    Little Caeser or Big Boy?
    My guess is Big Boy

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    I noticed that one a few months ago, Have to look at the LC's in Canton and Westland/Livonia to see if Caesar is still standing guard.
    Yes, the one near Merriman Road and Ann Arbor Trail is still standing on it's own pole! I remember that one as a kid.

I agree with Thruster - it is what it is - Hot & Ready and inexpensive.

Their idea of deep dish is that it could very well be THEIR idea of deep dish pizza, not yours or any other company's standards [[are there any industry standards stating how deep a deep dish pizza has to be?)

..uhhh no, but if I advertise a steak and I get a burger, does that mean thats my idea of a steak? ...order a deep dish in Chigaco and see what a deep dish is...its not a regular pizza with a 1/2 inch of dough..

...uhhh no, but if I advertise a steak and I get a burger, does that mean thats my idea of a steak?
    Yes it does constitute YOUR idea of steak. People can call it whatever they want. I don't have to like it or subscribe to it though, but I do have to respect it.

...order a deep dish in Chigaco and see what a deep dish is...its not a regular pizza with a 1/2 inch of dough..
    See? Now you're trying to find standards to what you constitute a deep dish pizza. You're using the "Chicago style" as your barometer to what you would consider deep dish pizza. It's obviously not Little Caesars' standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    I enjoy a fine pizza from places like Red Devil, Primo's, PizzaPapalis, Green Lantern, Buddy's, and all of the other finer pizza places in town too-!
    Hey Thruster, are you talking about the Red Devil on Fenkell? How is it lately?

IMO, Tomatoes Apizza is the best east coast/Italian style pizza in southeast Michigan and Lou's [[in Hazel Park) and Buddy's are the best Detroit style square pizza's anywhere in the world. Detroit is the originator of that square style, correct?

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    After living and working in Europe for the last five months I can say I officially love real italian pizza vs. anything else. However I will say based on eating a lot of Little Caeser's deep dish pizzas it really varies from location to location. I've had actual deep dish pizzas and in the same week had a square flat pizza. It really just depends on the luck of the draw and how stoned the employees are
    Factoid shared lightheartedly: You do realize pizza as we know it in America is an "American" thing. So what is "real" Italian pizza? I do believe you though that it probably tasted better because it was made with fresher ingredients?

My first job as a teenager was at Little Caesars and I had a lot of fun working there. I do consider myself a pseudo pizza snob. Little Caesars ain't gourmet pizza and it's not trying to be. It is what it is. Better pizza in this area? Buddy's and sometimes Pizza Papalis.

In other words, the fresher, the better.

ETA: Thruster315 said what I was thinking first and better.

People have been waging this pizza battle for years. New York vs. Chicago vs. Detroit etc. Pizza is as American as apple pie these days and it is as diverse as America. Simple solution, eat what you like and leave the rest alone. Me, I love the diversity, and try to judge each pie on its own merits.

I have found that even the Hot and Sweaties right out of the oven can be decent. And sometimes all I can spare for a pie is $5. So there!

Also, Big Boy would win in a fair fight, but then Caesar would just come back with his goombahs and take him for a long ride to be fitted for cement loafers.

Their idea of deep dish is that it could very well be THEIR idea of deep dish pizza, not yours or any other company's standards [[are there any industry standards stating how deep a deep dish pizza has to be?)

..uhhh no, but if I advertise a steak and I get a burger, does that mean thats my idea of a steak? ...order a deep dish in Chigaco and see what a deep dish is...its not a regular pizza with a 1/2 inch of dough..
    LOL... your posts about deep dish pizza's remind me of George Costanza on Seinfeld going off on something or another....

Quote Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
    Hey Thruster, are you talking about the Red Devil on Fenkell? How is it lately?

IMO, Tomatoes Apizza is the best east coast/Italian style pizza in southeast Michigan and Lou's [[in Hazel Park) and Buddy's are the best Detroit style square pizza's anywhere in the world. Detroit is the originator of that square style, correct?
    I don't know. In New York City, "square" pizza is called Sicilian pizza and tends to be thicker than regular New York style pizza but thinner than a Chicago deep dish pizza.

Use Bing maps - birdseye view to verify these:

1. 1203 Baldwin Road, Pontiac, MI 8340

2. 8292 Merriman Rd, Westland, MI 48185

3. 7926 Cooley Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48327 [[pan east using birdseye to see it)

Those are the only three I could find off the top of my head.

thatguy123 Guest

Fail troll. Little Caesars is a"local pizza shop" considering their world headquarters is in the heart of downtown, where most people on this board think every business on the planet should be located. On top of that they provide tons of jobs for the area so try again because it doesnt get more local then that.

As far as false advertising they claim to be America's greatest value not America's best pizza. Nobody ever goes around saying it is the best pizza out there or cares that it is not as good as some 30 dollar pizza at a sit down place. Like someone else said it is fast food pizza and is great for feeding the kids in a hurry or if you don't have the cash or want to throw down the cash for another place considering you will end up paying more then 5 dollars for delivery and tip.

[QUOTE=donpablo;190890]Hey Thruster, are you talking about the Red Devil on Fenkell? How is it lately?

Would like to know as well...Since Sports Bar became its main theme, I have stayed away, for better or worse...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast