Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

woodwardboy Guest

Default This City is a living hell..

Awesome idea. Using Robinwood for a haunted bus tour. The absolute scariest street in North America. Between John R and Woodward.

http://wwj.cbslocal.com/2010/10/13/h...es-in-detroit/

And of course one of the clowncil had to cry about it. God forbid anyone has a little fun around here, especially kids at Halloween time [[since we know how much fun they're having with all the trick-or-treating that goes on in this city).

Other than the income taxes collected on employees downtown, I'd wager that the annual Treat excursion into the inner-ring suburbs is the largest single positive wealth move in the city.

The Council needs to get with the times.
    http://philadelphia.about.com/od/hal...ate_a.-dwY.htm
    "...When you enter the Penitentiary Complex your first stop will be Yard Out. Here, inside the Penitentiary's 177 year old recreation yard, you'll encounter insane prisoners and sadistic guards while a video introduction will keep you entertained with real ghost stories about Eastern State, clips from MTV's FEAR episode, FOX’s Scariest Places on Earth and the Sci Fi Channel’s Ghost Hunters, all filmed at Eastern State..."

Default Robinwood

Ever spent any time in that area? I had to for business related reasons several years ago. Scary in broad daylight. I hope the bus driver is careful because almost none of the manholes had covers over them - all had been stolen.

Detroit: hell with harsh winters.

Does this stuff not embarass the city fathers?? I can't imagine going to a meeting with other big-city mayors and being proud of what others are seeing about my city...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Other than the income taxes collected on employees downtown, I'd wager that the annual Treat excursion into the inner-ring suburbs is the largest single positive wealth move in the city.
    Good observation, Gannon.

I live in Phoenix..... people here think they have a ghetto... then I show them Google Street view of Robinwood

In case you've never had time to take a slow stroll down Robinwood:

Robinwood North
    Robinwood South

/thx Christopher Beck

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Soooo... what makes this street scarier than any other street [[in the city) with abandoned buildings [[although looking at GoGrixdale's photos, some of those houses were inhabited). And of course, I wouldn't want to be there after the sun sets, just like I wouldn't want to be on most unlit streets after dark.

Is this thread a cheap marketing strategy to build up interest/curiosity for the haunted bus tour?
    GoGrixdale

if the city has such a problem why don't the get their crews to go clean up the garbage all over the sidewalks and piles of tires on the street? that IS city property...

how is it possible they are not getting sued ALL the time? i was walking down a sidewalk on vernor the other day and almost fell flat on my face because of a giant steel rod sticking out of the concrete!

It's not that scary....I just took this pic of a cute kitty running around this morning.

Thankfully it's not a black cat... now THAT would be scary!

now these streets should be used as a movie set,,,,, sad, so sad.

woodwardboy Guest

Just got back from the Robinwood haunted street. Wow,.. so much fun. Took all 3 daughters had a blast. Very well organized. Amazing what people can do when they put forth the effort. The haunted bus loads you up on Woodward, just south of 7 mile by Dutch Girl donuts. The bus takes you to Robinwood and drops you off. Once off the bus, goons, goblins, ghosts with chainsaws chasing everyone down Robinwood. It was crazy fun... running down Robinwood. Smoke bombs.. and sound effects...

So I’ve been thinking about this Haunted Bus for a good part of the day. As a resident of the area I was torn between an [[assumed) uptick in the local economy and the rubbing of the raw spot that is Robinwood. Residents here have been trying to get the city to pay attention to this blighted area for years. Now people by the bus load are doing more than just paying attention, they’re paying cash.

Sometimes we [[myself included) are so stuck in our misplaced bourgeois attitudes that fortune could land in our front yard only to be chased away for being on the lawn.

At least the 'real' zombies the crackheads, tranny whores and their suburban johns are avoiding the area because of the increased traffic. This makes me want Halloween 3-6-5 now.

Detroit Councilman James Tate said using the street like this is in bad taste.
    www.clickondetroit.com

<rant>

It is in F*&@#N bad taste that streets like Robinwood not only exist in the city but apparently thrive.

It is in bad taste that less than 100yds away is the 12th precinct that could give two sh!ts about responding to calls there because Robinwood is part of the Northeastern District[[4 Miles/10 minutes away).

It’s in bad taste that only 3 houses on Robinwood were slated for demolition this year.

It’s in bad taste that city council is not yelling from the rafters about how this haphazard and spotty demolition plan is being carried out without a “plan”.

It’s is in bad taste that every time I see Mr. Tate the arms of his suit jacket cry out in pain for a tailor.

</rant>
    Last edited by GoGrixdale; October-16-10 at 10:43 PM.

woodwardboy Guest

yes,, with the increase in foot traffic due to the Haunted Bus, the sidewalk on Woodward was patrolled by private security and very safe. People waited in line and were polite, felt safe taking my 3 daughters there. Im going back next weekend with more family and friends.

So sad to see whats happenin to Detroit and to America.....N0. 1 debtor nation in the Milkey Way..!!!

Gotcha Woodward*...but I hear the bus smells like pee.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyScholar10 View Post
    a cheap marketing strategy?

woodwardboy Guest

yeah.. the bus does have an "odor"... the hay/straw in the bus seemed fresh.. it's pee.. but it might be cow or horse pee...